IShades
Help Please!!!!!!!! (import user issues)
  • 2009/1/6 3:34

• IShades

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

So I did a fresh clean install of the latest XOOPS and then imported in 2000 registered members from an old XOOPS database. The Sql import when fine and all users appear in the user area, but when I try to mass email, it says no registered users even though they are all in there...

Any help would be great on how to get them to all come up and I can be able to mass email them all. How can i select all users and place them in registered users group??

Editing 2000 profiles by hand is wack!!!
Immortal Shades MultiMedia- FLASHin SINCE FLASH 3
Email: info@immortalshades.com

antifmradio
Re: Help Please!!!!!!!! (import user issues)

unfortunatly your host provider wont allow all 2000 emails to go out at once
with a 2k shot from your websites IP alone, you would automaticaly be seen as SPAMMING through their system

I know this doesnt answer your question above but before you get into correcting the problem, i thought i should warn you of TWO things youll encounter once its corrected.

Well... as you can tel i told you of the ONE thing
here is the second thing
As far as i can remember, the XOOPS core files are set to now allow more then 100 emails to go out at once. So even if you were able to select all 104 users lets say
only the first 100 would get hte message.

Honestly, do yourself a favor.
Set up your template files that people see when they register on your site,
go ahead and copy paste their names into a "CREATE PROFILE" page one at a time on your own..... yes really!

Each one of them will get the message saying
"We moved your profile into our new system"
(As long as you have changed the template file to say this message)

The only thing the user would need to do then is click the VERIFY link in their email
and they are in.

What you would need to copy and paste:
Username
Email address

thats it. Dont worry about passwords, just tap randomly on the keys

Now i know you dont want to hear this but when i converted over to a XOOPS site, i did the same thing
"One at a time"
Took a week to do it but it was good because people kept coming back and forth on Tuesday and noticed the people who "joined" on monday.
This time laps in registrations is was started the buzz on traffic.
Even with little content in the site thus far... traffic was running around and growing.

..then again.. i had a few pretty unique features for the visitors

Mamba
Re: Help Please!!!!!!!! (import user issues)
  • 2009/1/6 7:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) If there is a flag for user to be registered in the Database, you should be able to run a SQL query to set them all to be "registered".

2) If you done it, and if you still have problems sending email to all your users (as described by antifmradio), and plan to do in more often, it might make sense to you to purchase the SimpleNewsletter module from Instant-Zero
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits