Anonymous
Please sponsor me
  • 2008/12/26 10:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi guys,

Some of you will know that I occupy some of my spare time bellringing at Llandaff Cathedral, in Cardiff, S Wales, UK.

The Cathedral has launched a £1.5m appeal for new organ to replace the one that was damaged by lightning last year. There's info about the new organ here:
http://www.llandaffcathedral.org.uk/Organ%20Appeal.htm

We, the bellringers, are having a "Sponsored Peal" on Saturday 27th December, starting at about 10:00am (more likely nearer 10:15am). Video is being streamed into the nave of the Cathedral and visitors will be able to see the ringers (inc me - it's a video nasty!) in action. Other ringers will be available to explain what's going on and display boards will have other info available too.

The peal attempt, if successful, will involve 12 ringers in over three hours of continuous ringing and will be a feat of concentration as well as physical effort. It requires all 12 ringers to work together as a team. If one ringer goes badly wrong then all is lost!

Refreshments (tea/coffeee, etc - no beer!) will be available at the Cathedral during the peal, so please come along, bring your families, get some fresh air and experience a little bit of "left-field" culture

Obviously, there will be the opportunity to sponsor us to raise a few quid for the Organ Fund during your visit.

If you can't/don't want to come but are inclined to help our fund-raising then please visit:
http://www.justgiving.com/llandaffsponsoredpeal

Thanking you all

vamptrix
Re: Please sponsor me
  • 2008/12/29 23:00

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

Sounds interesting... this is why I hate living in Belgium...
The organ looks very nice too! I hope you guys are succesfull!

Good luck!

Kevin.
I used to use this account, but no longer.

ghia
  • 2008/12/29 23:47

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
this is why I hate living in Belgium

Is this because it is to far to attend or ...
You can always try to trade places, but the bargain will be for the other.

Anonymous
  • 2009/1/1 16:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
vamptrix wrote:

I hope you guys are succesfull!

We were successful - see here.

Fund-raising going okay too - see here.

Been laid-up with 'flu ever since though - sweeping through the UK like a dose of salts

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits