Johnny5Step
UserPage 1.3, where's the content entry?

XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.3.2
Module Name/Version: UserPage 1.3
PHP Version: 5.2.6
MySQL Version: 5.0.67-community
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): 2.2.9 (Unix)
Operating System: Linux
Theme you are using: Default and Zenogenesis
Custom template: No
A full description of the issue:
I'm new to Xoops, did clean install of 2.3.1 and successful upgrade to 2.3.2.

Have several modules installed and working fine. eXtCal 2.22, User Profile 1.51, ForumEx 1.6, AMS 2.51. Can enter content on any of them and all the editors work, some better than others.

I'm trying to get UserPage 1.3 working, and the install seemed to go fine. I can set preferences in the Admin panel, but can't find how to create a sample user page for my user or tell anyone else how to. I've tried setting the editor to the different ones.

It may be something obvious, like maybe UserPage depends on another module that is usually installed and I haven't installed it.

There is no readme or documentation of any type. I have gone to the Instant Zero - France site, joined the forum and tried to post my question there. Using Babelfish to translate into French, but have not been successful. I did email them my questions, translated via Babelfish into French.

Any help appreciated,

sailjapan
Re: UserPage 1.3, where's the content entry?

If I remember correctly, Userpage requires that users enter their own content through the text editor that appears.
If your users understand html, or you are using one of the more advanced texteditors, a half decent page can be produced. Otherwise it'll just be a list of text entries.

I assume you've been to Instant Zero's Userpage module page, there is some minimal documentation there, and it's minimal because the functionality of the module too is minimal.

What text editors do you have installed?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Johnny5Step

I have been to the Instant Zero's Userpage module page, both in the French and after translating with Babelfish to English. I can't read the French well enough to use it.

The issue is that no text editor page appears, or at least not anywhere that I can find it.

I did not install any separate text editors, but I am assuming they are installed because I have been using all of them in the AMS Articles module, and ForumEx.

On the other modules that I have installed, once they are installed give you a place to enter data to make articles, forum topics, calendar events and whatnot. UserPage seems to have had no problem creating the correct tables in the MySQL database, though they are all empty.

I would send screen shots if that was possible but out in the Main Menu, I now have a User Page entry, and a Pages List entry.

The user page, says "Your page" upper left and "The page is empty" center, middle. There is a RSS icon in the upper right and it actually works though the feed is obviously empty. There are k linked icons in the lower right (edit, print, pdf, page list and delete). The first one is edit, which seems promising but takes you to a completely blank page.

I can find no other link that even remotely seems to take me to a page where I can create content, such as happens in all the other modules.

I would be happy with a list of text entries or anything at this point. Some of my user do know how to use html and some do not. All of them are used to using the TinyMCE type or

Thanks,

sailjapan

start by checking the module preferences and setting the editor to dhtml
save
go back to that userpage you described with the edit icon, refresh and click on edit.
Do you get a text input area?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Johnny5Step

Actually DHTML was the first one I tried and then I went through the other 6, even though some of them I have no familiarity with. In AMS and ForumEx I've been using FCK and Tiny, and sometimes just plain text with html enabled.

However I just tried it again and this time the "enter content" area at "Your Page" did come up. Maybe the first time, everything wasn't populated yet?

So Thanks, I think it's probably working the way it is supposed to now. I guess I was just too impatient and since DHTML didn't work at first I kept trying others.

One of the reasons I tried the UserPage was that it was by Instant Zero and I've been so pleased by the other modules that I got from them, they all seem to totally integrate with the new XOOPS 2.3.2 release.

Thanks again for your quick response, I thought it might be something simple that I was just missing being new to Xoops.

All fixed now!

sailjapan

Glad it's working. Happy XOOPSing

Mamba
  • 2008/12/7 8:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
One of the reasons I tried the UserPage was that it was by Instant Zero and I've been so pleased by the other modules that I got from them, they all seem to totally integrate with the new XOOPS 2.3.2 release.

Yes, Instant-Zero delivers awesome quality in their modules!

I hope, people will support them by buying some of their commercial modules, or by hiring them to do Web designs or custom module development.

We need to understand that they have been always a very big supporter of XOOPS, but they have to pay their rent and pay their bills the same as the rest of us
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits