NIUNIEK
mysql, php, connecting yogurt with lifetype
  • 2008/11/23 1:09

• NIUNIEK

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

Hi!

I'm not much of a programmer, therefore I'm asking for help. This should be easy

I would like to add a link from within one module to the other. The problem is posed by the fact that the link needs to point to a selected user. Say ABC is looking at the profile of user XYZ in yogurt and would like to go to his blog in lifetype.

Problem 1
Lifetype does not create blogs on registration but on first attempt to log on to lifetype (a person may log on to the XOOPS million times and have no blog) therefore I cannot use
<{$uid_owner}>

as user id in xoops/yogurt may be different from blog id in lifetype it is very imperfect method of calling user's blog.
Solution
$bloglocation mysql_query("SELECT id FROM test_lt_blogs WHERE owner_id='$uid_owner'");
or something like this?

and then a link would probably look like this?:
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/lifetype/index.php?blogId=<{$bloglocation}>">My Blog</a>

problem is I don't know how to write it all so it works and where to put separate parts, if this needs to be separated (and I'm assuming php code should go to phpfile and link to yogurt's template)

could someone help, please?
Some things never change, but some things do.

ghia
Re: mysql, php, connecting yogurt with lifetype
  • 2008/11/23 1:26

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Aren't there alternatives to blogId such as blogName?

NIUNIEK
  • 2008/11/23 11:18

• NIUNIEK

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

Hi!

There is lots of fields, but most of them are user dependant, meaning user can change them in lifetype admin.

As I've said I'm not much of aprogrammer, but I think I need a common not changeable field from both tables to establish blog id for a particular user and then use it in a link, don't I?

I will look into it tonight, maybe I stumble upon something
But any help would be welcome.

M.Z.
Some things never change, but some things do.

billm75
  • 2009/2/11 22:58

• billm75

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/8 1

I am attempting to install the lifescript module to my site. Very new at Xoops, have Yogurt installed and thanks to the contributions of some very kind and patient people, I think I have that mostly configured now.

I would love to know if there was ever a resolution to this issue, as this is what I wanted to install lifescript for, so that each user could have their own personal blog as well.

I have a work-around idea, but it's clumsy and certainly doesn't involve any programming skills. LOL I would love to hear back on this please! Can you integrate the blog to the Yogurt profiles?

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits