bumpeboy
Profile 1.51 (hide webmaster from selectable group)
  • 2008/11/7 22:47

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/10/4

This is a lovely module, for me, am good to go if i can know how i can HIDE the Group (Webmaster) from showing in the field for group select.

I have created a new field and set Field Type: Group select.

From the list of my groups, how can i deselect groups like Webmaster that people on that field don't have the option of choosing there group as Webmaster.

You all know thats the group everyone will choose although in testing its just placing people on the registered group.

Is there a way i can remove such group from being selectable? or what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
Cheerz

Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan
Re: Profile 1.51 (hide webmaster from selectable group)

Where are your users able to select to join your webmasters group?

Can you post a URL?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

bumpeboy
  • 2008/11/8 5:32

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

If you go past the first registration step1, you will land to the 2nd where i have created different groups representing different countries. But the original 3 groups remain Webmasters, Registered Users and Anonymous. its on that point while i want users to select there group in terms of countries this module is giving them the chance to select the 3 that i have mentioned above including the Webmaster which is the site Administrator.

Please look at it HERE You need to make a fake registration to see. *the site is test and all registration will be deleted.

Cheerz
Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan

I followed your instructions and selected 'webmaster' but the system is obviously smart enough not to let me have it
.../admin.php won't let me in.

I'm just a regular registered member even though I chose Webmaster.

I understand what you mean though. It'd be nice to remove the pseudo-option from the menu.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

bumpeboy
  • 2008/11/8 7:12

• bumpeboy

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
I understand what you mean though. It'd be nice to remove the pseudo-option from the menu.

Thanks for the follow up, the fact that users have a chance to choose Webmaster as there group, in itself is a disaster.

Profile module developers should respond or even the XOOPS developer team as the module is now included in the XOOPS 2.3.1 Final Release.
Xoops is immortal.

sailjapan

Someone who knows the intricacies of this module will probably be along in a day or two. Bear with them.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits