bitchinseats
New User I am lost help please

Hello,
I am just learning all of this and I have a question that hopefully the answer is simple

When I downloaded a module (FAQ) how do I put it on to my page to be workable? I can add a mess around on the admin site and I know how to add links but how do I make the modules work into my website?

Also I just downloaded Zen Cart XOOPS and it keeps freezing since yesterday... Any suggestions?

Thank You for any help you can give.

stefan88
Re: New User I am lost help please
  • 2008/11/6 20:55

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

and welcome to xoops.

To install a module after you downloaded it extract the files somewhere on your computer and check if thre is a readme file. Read carefully. Some modules may require extra components to be installed or version of PHP to be on your web server.

Then find the module folder - the one that have xoops_version.php file in it. Upload that folder (with all files and subfolders) into modules folder of your XOOPS site. Go to admin -> modules and if all is OK you should see the new module available for install. If you do not see it there go to preferences and enable debug option. If there are errors post them here (in support forums) with information of your XOOPS and server configuration.

You may also check thishttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=352

sailjapan
Re: New User I am lost help please

The FAQ has a heap of advice for new users in it. Some of it is a bit old, but much of it is still pertinent.

(btw. Even though the categories show '0' articles, the articles are there if you click on the links. Admin is aware of the problem and a fix is on it's way.)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits