cerebus
Need help.
  • 2008/10/23 6:38

• cerebus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/23

i am completely new to website building and i am using xoops.
i got things going for the most part since i just now started making the site..i wanted to upload this template i found on your site
xoops2-thm_is_snowflake
it is on page 12 of the templates.
When i try to upload it i get an error message so i am unsure what to do.
also i wanted to know if i could customize it...the site i will be moving from is here
http://theblackseal.ning.com
i want to maintain some of the look and feel of that one while offering a lot more fo rthe community.
i also have plans for a stroe which will of course be a subdomain or perhaps i should make the community the subdomain...actually i think i will do that..i would like to make the store the main point you go to with a link to the community to sign up...how can i integrate that and use my own color scheme and pics etc?
would a nice flash intro be possible once users click on the community link and are directed to the sign in screen? so they would sign in and then a little flash intro would integrate into the community with all its features. Get me?
The store would be the primary and thus in a seperate folder, but should maintain the same basic color scheme i would think to pull it together any suggestions?

stefan88
Re: Need help.
  • 2008/10/23 6:54

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

this is a theme, not a template. There is a difference

For info check here:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=208

To install a theme you need to extract files on your computer and upload the theme folder into your XOOPS install in themes flder. In this case it will be "is_snowflake". You may delete file Thumbs.db - it is not part of the theme.
This is an old theme and will not fully support the latest XOOPS - the bottom blocks will not be shown.

cerebus
  • 2008/10/23 21:16

• cerebus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/23

how do i go abot making my own theme with gargoyles and griffins and things of that nature...lol as i do not like the themes that are available

sailjapan

I'd download one that has the basic 'layout' that you're searching for, and start editing the files one at a time. see what changes.

.css files control style (fonts, colors etc.)
.html files control the actual content

read the link that was given by stefan88 above.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits