laughoften
Can't access Site
  • 2008/10/22 4:45

• laughoften

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/22

Hi,

I just installed this today and was modifying the Clouds theme by adding my site name. Well now the site has all the blocks in code and there is no way for me to get into the site to change the theme.

I deleted the theme and re-installed and nothing changed.

Can someone help me please!!

Thanks!!!

www.sellersarena.com

DarinAllan
Re: Can't access Site

Have you tried deleting the theme, then uploading the Clouds theme again but un-modified, did it work before you modified the theme?

laughoften
  • 2008/10/22 5:02

• laughoften

• Just popping in

Hi.

It was working and I tried to add my site name.

After I saw what had happened I deleted the theme and re-installed it and it didn't change anything. It's almost like it is stuck on the first edit I did.

Now I can't get into the site to change anything.

DarinAllan

Oh also, although it may not have made a difference in your case, if I am adjusting themes, I will often activate the system themes block and make the theme you are working on selectable plus a theme that you know works, like the default theme, then if you can at least see that block you can change back to a working theme.

;o)

DarinAllan

Maybe have to delete the cache files except for index.html if it is in there. What version of XOOPS are you using?

laughoften
  • 2008/10/22 5:10

• laughoften

• Just popping in

Thanks for the suggestion!! lol!!

I am using 2.0.18.2

DarinAllan

I am thinking out aloud here, just wonder if you have the default theme uploaded in themes and you deleted the clouds theme would it revert back to the default theme, just a thought, I really don't know if it does.

laughoften
  • 2008/10/22 5:27

• laughoften

• Just popping in

I tried that hoping it would work but it didn't change anything either. It is like it is stuck in memory on an edit I did before it died on me

DarinAllan

hit Crtl + F5 sometimes when all else fails ;o) does 2.0.18.2 use the root/cache and root/templates_c folders, like is there files in there, pathetic I know but we have had lots of upgrades lately and I really cant remember lol

laughoften
  • 2008/10/22 5:38

• laughoften

• Just popping in

I tried the Ctrl + F5--No luck

I have the Cache,Template_c & Themes

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits