Anonymous
I just want to say that........
  • 2008/10/1 22:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

...with the help of this post from Mamba and the the manual addition of the XOOPS_VAR_PATH to mainfile.php I've just upgraded my testbed website from 2.0.18.2 to 2.3.0

Better still, and from an admittedly cursory glance, all my modules seem to work okay including (and perhaps surprisingly) xyp4all1.58 and wiwimod 0.8.3

Whoo-hoo

Thank you DJ/phppp and all the devs who helped with 2.3.0 - onwards and upwards

sailjapan
Re: I just want to say that........

Nice one!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Mamba
  • 2008/10/2 5:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am glad that everything worked out!!!

I hope, that there will be more success stories in upgrading to 2.3 as we are moving forward!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/2 7:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Mamba wrote:

I am glad that everything worked out!!!

Yup!

Just a couple of things that might help others:

1. Using the upgrade instructions from the News item on this site, I nearly overlooked the advice for exisiting users of Protector with regard to the mainfile.dist.php.protector file due to being eager to get on with it! Could the instructions regarding this file be spliced into the upgrading instructions in the News item?

2. I put the Protector module files from the /xoops_lib folder into my existing xoops_trust_path folder, thereby overwriting the files that were already there. The upgrade process found this directory no problem at all

However, I think that this should be part of the upgrade instructions.

3. I think, too, that Mamba's advice (see my first post) should also be in the upgrade instructions as quite a few people have experienced the same issue with regard to the xoop_var_path. It might prevent some panic and would certainly be easier to find than searching in these Forums when panic ensues

I have to say that the upgrade was easy when armed with the above info

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits