tomodea
How to set Height of TinyMCE in modules
  • 2008/9/9 12:24

• tomodea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/19

I am trying to work out how to set the height of a text area used in a smartFAQ form when TinyMCE is used as the editor.

I am using TinyMCE version 0.5.
My XOOPS version is XOOPS 2.0.16.

I now have TinyMCE as the common editor throughout my XOOPS installation. I achieved this by following the advice in this XOOPS News Topic:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4176

The advice in this topic is to modify class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php by changing this statement:
var $htmlEditor = array();

to:
var $htmlEditor = array( 'XoopsFormTinymce', '/class/xoopseditor/tinymce/formtinymce.php' );

This change has achieved the desired result in that I now have the TinyMCE editor available to me in every text area, i.e. across all modules and all through the admin sections. This is great because I can now offer a user-friendly editor to my users regardless of what module they happen to be using. I am using 5 XOOPS modules where text areas appear:

1. eXtCal version 2.00
2. newbb version 2.02
3. AMS version 2.42
4. smartsection version 2.13
5. smartfaq version 1.08

The question is:
How can I set the height of the text area for the smartFAQ Answer area?

The generated html code as shown in the html source at run time when I run submit.php shows this element as:
<textarea name='answer' id='answer' rows='10' cols='50' style='width: 100%; height: 200px;'></textarea>

The height of 200px is a default value which is set in formtinymce.php in this statement:
var $_height = "200px";

I am happy with this as the default height of a text area but I want to set the height of some text areas to a higher value. In this case I would like to set the height of Answer to 600px.

I have posted a similar question in the forums for these modules:
• Newbb
• AMS
• Smartsection
• SmartFAQ

Thanks, Tom O’Dea
Regards, Tom O'Dea
Melbourne, Australia

Mamba
Re: How to set Height of TinyMCE in modules
  • 2008/9/9 12:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Tom, please do not post duplicate messages about the same problem - identify the forum which is best to address your issue and post it there.

I've edited your message so it address the problem for all your modules in one location.

Thanks for your understanding!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits