misheck
Error: mysql extension not loaded
  • 2008/8/30 15:55

• misheck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/30

Sorry if you have seen this error message a million times but I am having trouble finishing of my installation coz of this.

I am trying to run XOOPS on a machine with Win 2003 Server, IIS6,Mysql 5.0, Php 4.... I have setup every thing and I go through the installation process ok and just when I am about to get to the part where I can test my database I get this error. Error: MySQL extension not loaded. This comes after confirming database settings. I have checked the path and URL and everything was verified to be OK. I have also downloaded the php obdc connector but this has not changed anything.

I get a blank page with only the following information.

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: MySQL extension not loaded

I have installed everything on my server and I am connecting to it remotely so its not a web hosted scenerio.

I appreciate your help

jdseymour
Re: Error: mysql extension not loaded

This looks relevant to your problem:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/printthread.php?t=10305653

misheck
  • 2008/8/30 23:18

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help but the solutions available are for Apache and I am trying to eliminate this problem using IIS6 because I have more knowledge of using IIS than Apac.he. If anyone has more information on using IIS6 XOOPS I will be grateful. Its only on the last step that I am getting the error message otherwise all the file permissions and database have been well configured

ghia
  • 2008/8/31 0:45

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you check this?

misheck
  • 2008/8/31 17:39

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks for the instructions but I have tried them for over 6 hours now and I still cannot get them to work. If I follow the instructions I am getting an 403/404 IE error meaning its to do with php settings.

I have created a Remote Desktop acount so anyone who is willing to help I will be able to email the details over. I would appreciate if who ever assist would be able to give details on where I went wrong because its a test server I am installing so I would want to be able to install the software myself on the actual machine.

Here is a link to my test php doc.click here

jdseymour

This is the part of the page I was hoping you would look at:

Quote:
MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the systems PATH), it's not recommended.

As with enabling any PHP extension (such as php_mysql.dll), the PHP directive extension_dir should be set to the directory where the PHP extensions are located. See also the Manual Windows Installation Instructions. An example extension_dir value for PHP 5 is c:\php\ext

As php does not load the MySQL extension by default you have to move the dll file to the windows system directory (as stated not recomended) or create the path. I believe this is for any webserver, not just apache.

But just a quick question, since you are running a php app, why run IIS anyway?

misheck
  • 2008/9/1 9:50

• misheck

• Just popping in

I am only using IIS because I have a bit of knowledge on IIS and windows. I am going to try run XOOPS on Apache and MySQL using a Linux machine but ideally I wanted to compare the speeds of both and see if there is a great difference. I am new to Linux and Apache so thats why I am trying steer away from them. Thanks for the help. I will try again to change the php.ini file but everytime I look in there it looks as if the changes have already been made ( the semicolons have already been removed moved) Also when I go into the enviroment variables the path for php has already been written. I will try again.

misheck
  • 2008/9/1 21:35

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks guys for your help. I have just managed to install XOOPS and get the extension to complete but I am not yet finished.

I was making a mistake when editing the php file. The php.ini file I was editing was the wrong one so I did a search on my computer and deleted every php.ini file on my computer then I removed php5 on my computer then restarted the computer. I then followed the instructions on the link you gave me and that seemed to work fine.

I have just put up another topic on the installation file because after completeing the install I am getting a blank page saying that no input file to process when I click on view your site. When I try to visit the site through 127.0.0.1/xoops I am being taken back to the install process. I have put a brief post on my post to explain the error.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits