flyingkick
locked out of my admin page
  • 2008/5/19 13:58

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/19

Hi,
I've installed XOOPS 2.0.18.1 on my website and something strange happened. All of a sudden when I tried to log in with my admin account, I can't see my user menu. I tried directing the browser tohttp://mypage.com/user.php, but it says that I don't have permission to access. I don't think I've been hacked. Last time I was in the admin page I was changing group settings for user anonymous. I might have accidently ticked the wrong setting in the groups block. Is there a way around this? Now I'm locked out of my admin page. Is there a query of some sort I could use to set things right? Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
Stephen

Anonymous
Re: locked out of my admin page
  • 2008/5/19 14:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
flyingkick wrote:

Is there a query of some sort I could use to set things right?

You're saying that you can see the login block and that, when you login, this isn't replaced with the User Menu?

If this is the case then login and then go to:

http://www.yoursite.com/admin.php

Should help a bit

flyingkick
  • 2008/5/19 15:20

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

Yes, that's exactly right. The login is not being replaced by the user menu. I already tried going directly to the admin.php page and it says, user not authorized to access this blablabla. So I figured maybe I ticked something wrong in the groups block where you can set the access rights.

But then, all of a sudden, I just tried to log in again, just then. And it all works miraculously. I'm positive I haven't been hacked. Could this be a bug of some sort in 2.0.18.1?

If it happens again, I'll certainly post it here.
Thanks for the help though.

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/19 15:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
flyingkick wrote:

Could this be a bug of some sort in 2.0.18.1?

I think we'd have been inundated with support requests if it was a bug.

I suspect some sort of server glitch.

But yeah, let us know if it happens again

flyingkick
  • 2008/5/22 11:44

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

Hi, well it happened again. Not once, but a couple of times even. I notice that it occurs when I log in and leave it on for a while until it times out. When I log in again, I get the screen: thank you for logging in, etc. And then the login block is not being replaced by the usermenu block.

I even started a totally new website, fresh install of XOOPS 2.0.18.1 and right after the first login, I got the same thing. Only after I close the browser and start up again, does it work as it's supposed to.

Catzwolf
  • 2008/5/22 12:07

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok, check that you do not have the login block and the user block cached, if you, then that could be the reason you have this problem.

flyingkick
  • 2008/5/22 17:06

• flyingkick

• Just popping in

Hi thanks for the reply. I checked the caching, but there is no option to enable/disable the 2 blocks you mentioned. I looked in admin>Preferences Main>General Settings>Module-wide Cache.
Should I be looking somewhere else?

Also, I don't seem to have this problem when I'm testing with Firefox. Only with IE.

netmgr
  • 2008/5/24 20:25

• netmgr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/24

im getting the same problem, so are others in the forum

megworld
  • 2008/5/28 15:16

• megworld

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/4 8

i suggest backing up the whole database for your user's and your forum and get all there avatars backed up and then do a clean install over it and just restore your database with your backup. don't forget to make sure all your prefrances are in order after its back up and running

thebeastmast

In order for me not to have the pain of backing up (no idea how to) and the installing all over again......is there any other way to fix this annoying problem. I emptied the session tables thinking that maybe it to no avail. Plz help me this is my second re-install now. Can I turn off preferences from ftp a file and moderfying it.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits