onasre
How many of you get this Erorr?
  • 2008/5/1 6:45

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

i keep get this error from time to time in my site .. i have no idea why .. and i have seen some people talking about it here long time ago but no solution provided
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

ErrorUnable to connect to database
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

VTRIX
Re: How many of you get this Erorr?
  • 2008/5/1 8:26

• VTRIX

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

Normally, this means that your MySQL server is offline.
Can you login in PHPMyAdmin and check if the server is offline?
If it's online, check if all XOOPS databases are intact.
If they aren't, you should upload the install folder again and run the install again, or simply recreate the databases again (databases => tables)

trabis
  • 2008/5/1 11:59

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I use to have that a lot and I decided to change server. I think it was related with the number of queries. I was reaching resources limit. To many people at the same time using the site, some bad coded scripts and a poor server can get you that.

:)

Runeher
  • 2008/5/1 17:29

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

If you get this a lot, contact your host and complaine! You could also try to write a post in your hosts support forum, and if many others have the same problem, forcing them to take action.. another common problem is if you in a weak moment decided to use a superuser on all databases...if you change the password, remember to change it in mainfile on all your sites... of course then this message would be persistant...

r

onasre
  • 2008/5/1 20:14

• onasre

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/8/12

i do not know what to do i have already contacted the hosting and they always give you two option , create new MySQL or move my account to new server on the company ..i'm with Servage and i thought they strong company i been with them about 2 years and this the only hard problem i had with them
Whatever Hits You , Never was to Mess you , and Whatever Messed U , Never Was to Hit You.

Runeher
  • 2008/5/1 20:57

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Most likely Servage put too many domains on the same server.. the problem is that they can't move your site to a new server... you have to do it yourself, so i suggest you do that... copy your site and backup your db.. then follow the instructions given to you by Servage... remember to change the info in mainfile after moving.... it really sounds like more trouble than it is, so don't worry...

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits