btesec
Xoops Modules Team
  • 2008/4/7 18:32

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi everyone,

I am not sure where to post this comment. but here it goes.

I think there should be a Modules Teem created to handle things such as:
- module security auditing,
- integration of scripts as modules,
- take over abandoned modules
- officially introduce modules as safe to use by the community which will bring more credibility to the XOOPS script as well.
- Take over the management of the modules repository.
- Work with developers to encourage them to make use of existing frameworks and make use of other existing modules incorporating as much re-usage of code instead of everyone re-inventing the wheel. I see drupal cms does this a lot.

as it is now, I can't see us getting anywhere with most of the modules, for my part I have identified modules for my site but feel uncomfortable opening my site to the public since nowhere can I see a list of security validated modules, I want my site to be a reputable one, and of course their is nothing secure in this world.

But at least there should be a Team to audit modules and to work along with developers to help make their modules security compliant. I can see this needs a couple of people for this team, the CMS core development team I don't think can handle all this on their own.

What do you all think?

my 2cents here.

BTESEC

Mamba
Re: Xoops Modules Team
  • 2008/4/7 21:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We are currently working on creating a "Module Team" as discussed in the Proposal:

https://xoops.org/modules/mediawiki/index.php/Draft_Proposal_Team

some of the tasks defined were:

* Maintain a module development forge as a collaborative work facility for community module developers.
* Maintain a high-quality repository of completed modules, addons and themes for distribution to the XOOPS community in cooperation with other work groups.
* Create and maintain module packs for different applications of XOOPS including a standard pack to be made available for download with the core XOOPS distribution.
* Publish and maintain documents outlining module design specifications, best practices and security/quality assurance standards.
* Assist in the training and development of emerging module developers for the XOOPS Project
* Assist in preparation of documentation concerning module development, in partnership with the Documentation group.
* Establish dialog to identify the most desired modules sought by the community.

Your ideas would be a nice addition to team objectives/goals!

Now, we'll need a lot of members who would like to help us with that. Those who would be interested to help, please PM me.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/7/3 10:39

• Mamba

Quote:
Now, we'll need a lot of members who would like to help us with that. Those who would be interested to help, please PM me.

We are pretty much finalized organization of the Module Catalog. Over the next couple of weeks we'll be adding the modules to the repository.

Now we need help from XOOPS members to start testing the modules and providing us with feedback. Please let us know who would be interested in joining the Modules Team.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

mpatten
  • 2009/3/4 21:22

• mpatten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/27

I would be more then happy to help.

Mamba
  • 2009/3/4 21:35

• Mamba

Fantastic!

Burning is working now on creating catalog of Modules that work with 2.3.x:

http://www.babylonbyxoops.net/

so this would be one option.

Which area would you like to help?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

mpatten
  • 2009/3/4 21:40

• mpatten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/27

I can help with any documentation you may need, I'm intermediate in PHP and MySQL, or can work on testing. So whatever needs the most attention I can start on.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits