Watchmanz
Congratulations Xoops
  • 2008/3/11 9:01

• Watchmanz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/11

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I couldn't find a more appropriate forum to say what I had to say, so I hope this forum will suffice.

I have been building websites for a few years now, although mostly forums and portals, and I have recently moved into the wonderful world of CMS's. In order to try and learn the various CMS's out there I spent a good four weeks with Joomla and Drupal to try and get a functional site operating. To be fair, Drupal was given about three days and the rest of the time was with Joomla.

In four weeks I managed to get a basic website and not much more. It was tough going trying to learn all the different tricks of the trade. After four weeks - frustrated - I downloaded XOOPS ...... and within 8 hours I had an 80% functional website (graphics need doing etc).

All I wanted was a CMS that fully functional and easy to understand ... and I have finally found it with Xoops.

So this is just my two cents worth ... to say to everyone involved with XOOPS that you now have a new convert in the ranks. Your product is amazing, and so easy to understand. Congratulations to you all on a magnificent job ... and I have ensured that all my pro-Joomla, pro-Drupal and pro-phpNuke friends are all being introduced to the power that XOOPS offers to them.

My other CMS test sites are deleted now ... and I'll be sticking with XOOPS from now.

Anonymous
Re: Congratulations Xoops
  • 2008/3/11 9:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello, and welcome to XOOPS

Mamba
  • 2008/3/11 10:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We are always happy to see here converts!

Since you have some experience with Web development, once you get more comfortable with XOOPS, hopefully you'll get involved in improvement of XOOPS. We need all the help we can get
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Runeher
  • 2008/3/11 15:02

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Watchmanz...

I have tried almost every cms there are, but i keep going back to xoops...

Rune

AndyM
  • 2008/3/11 15:04

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

Hi and welcome!

I've tried several other CMS, but I've not found one good enough to take me away from XOOPS, yet. Joomla 1.5 is an improvement, but still not good enough.

Login

Who's Online

100 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 100

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits