Kieran
Registration email not working after server switch
  • 2008/3/11 2:33

• Kieran

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/12

Hi

After swicthing to a new, dedicated server my registration emails no longer send.

I previously had this problem for perhaps 1 in 10 of new registrations but now (on the new server) it is 100% of the time (xoops 2.0.16).

My new sever does not come with an email account so my email account is still run from the old, shared server. So although my email shares the same domain name as the website it comes from a different IP address.

So am i right in thinking that having my email on a seperate server to my website is causing the problem? Or am I way off-track?

And is there any solution to this (apart from switchng the email account to the new server - host company want lots of money to do this)?

Thanks a lot!

Kieran
Re: Registration email not working after server switch
  • 2008/3/20 3:06

• Kieran

• Just popping in

The problem deepens...

I've now realised that since switching to a new (dedicated) server, no emails can be sent from the site.

So the email function on modules such as mxdirectory (and others) isn't working (as well as the user registration emails). If users have notification method set as 'by email' then nothing is getting through. Its a big worry!

I've tried changing my mail settings in Admin but that hasn't solved it. I've checked with my server company who say its not their issue.

Has anyone got any idea what might be going on, what the fix could be? (I'm getting desperate)

Thanks so much!

Kieran
Re: Registration email not working after server switch
  • 2008/3/20 8:30

• Kieran

• Just popping in

scratch that, server host say the smtp service hadn't start

now all is ok

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits