TopKnot
Review of Modules Posting Problems
  • 2008/2/28 13:23

• TopKnot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

I have posted both a request for troubleshooting and a review about a module I have been having trouble with in the Module Repository "Be the first person to review Module XXXXXX".

They never show up!

While I understand moderators get busy and things happen, the reviews of modules in the Module Repository is critical to XOOPS users when trying to determine what modules to use on their sites.

With the "Module Dev Forge" site down and no restore time in sight and the XOOPS AddOn Site down, the only option is to install a module, fiddle with it and hope it works. If this method is how XOOPS intends it to be, then so be it. But if there is a problem with Module Reviews, then maybe this problem needs to be addressed?

Is this a complaint? Yes! Is it a valid complaint that could hurt XOOPS in the long run? In my opinion...YES. Who wants to test modules that might or might not work IF there are people willing to write a review that may help other XOOPS user but they just don't get posted?

Did I make a mistake posting a troubleshooting request in the review section? Probably but if there is no response from the dev of the module at their website, as a group maybe we can find answers.

TopKnot
Re: Review of Modules Posting Problems
  • 2008/3/22 1:39

• TopKnot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/27

It's been about 21 days since I wrote the first post in this thread. Figured I bump this subject once to see if others have comments or are experiencing the same problem I have.

Problem: My reviews of Modules are not appearing.

In any case, I'm exploring other options so Module Reviews may not be a problem for me in the near future.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 138

heyula,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!