MikeShane
social music network site
  • 2008/2/3 3:25

• MikeShane

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/1/5 2

I'm nervous but here goes we put together a music social network site HomeGrownBands we have not really released to public yet but we would like some feed back from XOOPS people since the two of us that are building this have never done any thing close to this before. But we got this going from information and what we learned from this forum, so thanks for all the help XOOPS people you are outstanding!

Thanks Mike from HomeGrownBands
Musicians for musicians entertaining the world, what starts as a dream can live in reality!

BlueStocking
Re: social music network site

Great,
How long did it take to get it to the point you are at today?

You are well on your way.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

MikeShane
  • 2008/2/3 12:44

• MikeShane

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/1/5 2

took three weeks of research and 2 1/2 days to build on site
we have a lot to do yet. Gonna start letting bands know so they can test it out and give us sugestions by monday. I know we need search and forum for sure yet
Musicians for musicians entertaining the world, what starts as a dream can live in reality!

amudee
  • 2008/2/3 20:23

• amudee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/8 1

thats a good start.
critics:

1) get rid of that moving logo, and get yourself a simple yet attractive logo and a tag line or motto.
2) stick to your topic which is bands i guess, then why you have games module, chess, cartoons ? you want musicians to play games :) and watch cartoon ? cool
3) the best website colors used for bands sites are black red and other hardcore colors. no pink brown yellow orange green etc.
4) your copyright is "© Copyright HomeGrownBands 2002/2008 all rights reserved" i was just wondering what do you mean by 2002 here ?

it's a good start, i hope you improve the design and focus on some considered modules only. don't worry even i started that way, :)

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits