wingrider101
[problem] Zetagenesis - borders on all images

Hello All,

My needs are simple. I'm using the Zetagenisis theme as included in the new 2.0.8 release. I've figured out the CSS to fix the older blocks that are overhanging the left margin, and now everything is working correctly except for a really nit picky thing that probably only bugs me, but it may bug some of you too.

All of the images (even in custom blocks) are being rendered with a border (maybe 1 or 2 pixels) around them. I've gone through the CSS code with a fine tooth comb, but unfortunately it contains a lot of multi-chained commands on lines, and my CSS is not that good. It looks to me like all the pertinent "img" definitiions already have a border: 0 set in the right places. I'm stumped.

Could one of you CSS guru's out there take a look and help me find out how to turn off the borders for all images? I'm going bald, and scratching my head hurts... I need your help!

I know someone has got to have solved this already. This theme is going to be the default theme, so it needs to be figured out. It's a shame for newbies, as it uses some really complex CSS that is quite elegant if you know what you are doing, but difficult at best to figure out if you don't. I know it NEEDS to be complex to render this terrific theme, but CSS is not my thing, and comments are pretty much non-existent except for a bunch of "!important" entries right around where the border: 0 codes are.

The comments are also in front of the ; (semicolon) finalizer on the end of the lines, and I didn't think that coding like that would work. Doesn't that "kill" the semicolon on the end? Unless the ! bang character makes it a comment... but wouldn't that make the ; semicolon a part of the comment and kill the statement? I'm confused. It renders in the browser so obviously it works, but how?

I'll be monitoring via e-mail to see if there are responses, so please don't give up on me if I don't get right back to you if you have any requirements/questions you need.

Thanks in advance!

Have a good one folks!

Byron
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Byron McKay
wingrider101 at gmail dot com
http://byron.homelinux.com
http://www.xoopstyro.com
-------------------------------------
Xoops CMS Intranet sites for Business

kris_fr
Re: [problem] Zetagenesis - borders on all images
  • 2008/1/4 19:11

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

hi,

in block.css :
#xo-canvas-leftcolumn img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

/*border: 1px solid #999;*/
}
#xo-canvas-leftcolumn img:hover {/*border: 1px solid #666;*/}

#xo-canvas-rightcolumn img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

}
#xo-canvas-rightcolumn img:hover {/*border: 1px solid #666;*/}

#xo-page .xo-blockszone .xo-blockcontent img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

/*border: 1px solid #999 !important;*/
}
#xo-page .xo-blockszone .xo-blockcontent img:hover { /*border: 1px solid #666 !important;*/}

@++

wingrider101
[solved] Zetagenesis - borders on all images

Quote:

kris_fr wrote:
hi,

in block.css :
#xo-canvas-leftcolumn img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

}
#xo-canvas-leftcolumn img:hover {/*border: 1px solid #666;*/}

#xo-canvas-rightcolumn img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

}
#xo-canvas-rightcolumn img:hover {/*border: 1px solid #666;*/}

#xo-page .xo-blockszone .xo-blockcontent img {

margin3px 3px 0 7px;

padding3px;

/*border: 1px solid #999 !important;*/
}
#xo-page .xo-blockszone .xo-blockcontent img:hover { /*border: 1px solid #666 !important;*/}

@++

Outstanding! Thank you for the incredible help. And if you were one of the them designers, I LOVE the theme. I've modified it for use on our intranet site, and it's a big hit!

Keep up the great work!

Byron
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Byron McKay
wingrider101 at gmail dot com
http://byron.homelinux.com
http://www.xoopstyro.com
Xoops CMS Intranet sites for Business

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits