Scionwest
Adding rss feeds to xoops homepage
  • 2008/1/4 2:24

• Scionwest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/6 1

I have two existing blogs, one at blogger.com and one that I am working on at goDaddy that will be replacing my blogger.com account. I am wanting to link the blogs I post on either one of those accounts into my XOOPS site, so that they show up on the homepage, and add a 'Blog' button to my navigation menu that I can link to my blog. I'm assuming I would need to write my own module, but PHP is not my strong point, I was hoping someone could point out an existing module, or help point me in the right direction for creating my own.

Thanks a ton for any help you can offer!

Edit: I tried XOOPS Planet, but it would never show up in the modules section so I could install it. I don't know what was wrong with it. I'm assuming it's something with GoDaddy's installation of XOOPS as I have had issues getting a couple other modules working as well. I never had this problem on my other hosting service.

irmtfan
Re: Adding rss feeds to xoops homepage
  • 2008/1/4 4:20

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

I tried XOOPS Planet, but it would never show up in the modules section so I could install it

do you install "xoopseditor" and "Frameworks" needed for phppp's modules?
xoops planet is a powerful module and which i suggested.

Scionwest
  • 2008/1/5 1:04

• Scionwest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/6 1

No I haven't. I will look for those, and install them. Hopefully that allows it to show up in the modules section.

Thanks!

script_fu

This is also one of the better ones...

Rss module

You would click from his home page over to sourceforge and download rssc-071.zip

I think that is the latest version. You would also need his frameworks as well...

Its called happy_linux-122.zip

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits