ruggierigm
how to update mainfile.php
  • 2007/12/31 3:13

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I rebuilt my stie on a new server and I had to use an ip when I setup so that I would not affect the existing site. I switched the dns to point to the new server but it is showing the ip in the url instead of the actual website name. I found a row in the mainfile.php

define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://99.999.999.999/abc');

that had the ip in it but when I tried to just change it and upload it the site looked wrong. Does a way through the menu's exist to change this or is the only way to do it through actual code? If the only way to change it si throug a text editor then why does it make my page look crazy? do I need to update something else as well?

I am running XOOPS 2.0.17.1

TIA, Gabriel

script_fu
Re: how to update mainfile.php

The only adjustment you need to do is in the mainfile.php

Once you change this ip to your url you might need to delete the files in the folder templates_c. Dont delete the index.html just all the others.

Xoops gets a little funky sometimes with the difference between...

http://www
and
www.

pick one and stick with it...

ruggierigm
  • 2007/12/31 21:03

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

I removed all of the files in the tmeplate_c other than the index.html. I changed it to use the url instead of the ip and it looks like crud. It is almost like the style sheets are not working. The page is missing all images and is spread all over the place. Any other ideas?
TIA, Gabriel

script_fu

Are you using the default theme? Do you have a link?

ruggierigm
  • 2008/1/1 20:57

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

Thanks for your help but I figured it out today. The problem was that I had the folder name of where XOOPS was installed on the new server and once I removed the folder everything just magically worked.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits