gamerhookup
Link forums together, 2 different domains..
  • 2007/12/30 22:35

• gamerhookup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/23

Not sure where to post this, but I will try here..

Ok the simnple rule of example is:

I have 2 domains, two different type of CMS systems

1. XOOPS 2.0.18 Domain 1
2. SMF 1.x.x Domain 2

Would like a way to make each type of forums to interact towards one another, either by core, Module, or in a sql inject, or Rss?

Anyhow, when user is at domain 1, it also is later copied to domain 2.. Another user replies on Domain 2 butthen copies to domain 1.

In this example, users do not have to register on both sites. But when the other sites has the copy the user name is stated as gust and states that it is from the other domain..

The reason for this is, like domain 1 would be a a main site for an organization, then domain 2 would be a a sub part group, but woudl not want to link all to it.

So is there a way to make this work somehow.. Anyone out there willing to look at this idea, if not on a separate note, I am will to contribute cash to design this... Would love a module based that can be worked on this admin area and to have it do like a simmliar cron jobs and all.

Ok so there ya go.. Any one have any ideas, or do I need to post this elsewhere.. Not asking for support here but to add a new feature somehow..

Please, this is a serious request to make it happen somehow.. It should be able to be done.. Right?

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits