benjy000
xHelp Not Automatically Sending User Notification
  • 2007/12/19 3:29

• benjy000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/25

Hello,

I am experiencing difficulties with xHelp. I have selected the option to allow anonymous users to create tickets, I have changed the notification options to "on" to allow user notification when the ticket is created, modified, etc., and I've created the Cron job and everything.

The trouble is that when I send an email to create a ticket (as a user), I do not get the automatic reply email like I should. However, the ticket is created. When I create a respose, the user receives an email saying the ticket has been updated. Thus, it appears to ONLY be a problem receiving the auto-reply when the ticket is originally submitted via email.

The PHP Debugging also pulls up no errors.

I feel as if I've done everything and played around with every possible option yet to no avail.

HELP IS NEEDED! Thank you.

Peekay
Re: xHelp Not Automatically Sending User Notification
  • 2007/12/19 12:44

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I got everything working in Xhelp - except email notifications. Admin got an email on creation of a new ticket, but that was all. I really needed email notification on ticket update, but no joy.

Unfortunately this otherwise excellent module is no longer supported by the developer AFAIK. If anyone can get all the email notifications to work, it would be great.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

stefan88
  • 2007/12/19 16:34

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

This is not a fix, but sort of workaround idea - can you send autoresponder for your support mail acount to send that first e-mail ...

benjy000
  • 2007/12/19 18:44

• benjy000

• Just popping in

That's what I was going to do as a worst-case scenario. I'm thinking it would work. But do you have any idea as to why everything works except for just the user notification when the email is initially sent to create the ticket?

skenow
  • 2007/12/20 3:31

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
I got everything working in Xhelp - except email notifications. Admin got an email on creation of a new ticket, but that was all. I really needed email notification on ticket update, but no joy.

Unfortunately this otherwise excellent module is no longer supported by the developer AFAIK. If anyone can get all the email notifications to work, it would be great.

www.yoursite.com/modules/xhelp/admin/notifications.php

benjy000
  • 2007/12/20 5:45

• benjy000

• Just popping in

I know, I've checked that. The box is ticked for users to receive notification, yet they don't receive anything. Strange...

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits