mikedown2
always logged in?
  • 2007/12/10 6:49

• mikedown2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/6

hey guys is there a

remember me? mod or always logged in mod?

thanks!

noo-b
Re: always logged in?
  • 2007/12/10 10:03

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

check this out

http://xoops.peak.ne.jp/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=109&easiestml_lang=xlang%3Aen
I Love Xoops

Quest
  • 2007/12/10 11:12

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

There are some excellent Hacks out there by various xoopsers. I like many of them myself but after using a few have decided to stay away from Hacks whenever possible. It has proven to me to be a very ugly problem when updating my XOOPS version and some module versions depending on the scope of the hack and number of files in which the hack requires me to make changes. I know there is a module out there somewhere which will reportedly manage your hacks for you but I still have had difficulty when updating do to other tasks. I prefer updating my site to go smoothly, quickly and efficiently.

All IMHO of course, and to help those who may want to use a hack to beware of what can happen to a site which uses hacks then must update or for whatever reason need to do a fresh install to a newer version of XOOPS or a newer module version.

mboyden
  • 2007/12/10 15:20

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

There are several auto-login hacks out there which makes it easier to login. However, it's a security issue (and it's much harder to stay current on upgrades to XOOPS, especially those due to security issues). Cookies are passed from computer to server in clear text (as are logins), so that info is vulnerable.

Remember, too, there is however the standard Remember Me function in XOOPS using custom PHP sessions (configurable in XOOPS, but requires PHP 4.2.x+). In SysAdmin | Prefs | General, turn on custom sessions and set a long time (10080 is one week, 43200 is 30 days, etc.). Then it's up to the user if they want to use the Remember Me function (make sure it's not commented out in the login block and/or the user.php page).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

DavidChiou
  • 2007/12/23 8:04

• DavidChiou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/21

I have some dummy questions. Please kindly advise:

> the standard Remember Me function in XOOPS using custom
> PHP sessions (configurable in XOOPS, but requires PHP 4.2.x+).
> In SysAdmin | Prefs | General, turn on custom sessions and set
> a long time (10080 is one week, 43200 is 30 days, etc.).

Does this mean that the session will be kept alive on the server for a long time. If I set it to 3 years, will it likely cause any trouble for the server loading in the future? or basically just cost some disk space?

> Then it's up to the user if they want to use the Remember Me
> function (make sure it's not commented out in the login block
> and/or the user.php page).

Just for confirmation: in 2.0.17.1, is it related to the following option in user.php: "Store my user name in a cookie for 1 year" at all? Or basically the user.php feature is not working anyway?

I cannot find any other "Remember Me" option in login block and/or user.php page in 2.0.17.1 though.

Thank you for your advice.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits