GG-Xtreme
Can't Change CBB Permissions ("Sorry you don't have permission to access this area")
  • 2007/11/23 5:58

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/12

Whenever I try to modify forum permissions like 'Can access', 'Can view', etc. I get "Sorry you don't have permission to access this area". I am the root admin and haven't changed any group permission settings. I checked the Groups section, and webmasters have full permissions. I even did a MySQL query and my userid (1) IS linked to groupid 1 (webmasters). I haven't touched ranks either. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I am running XOOPS 2.0.17.1 and CBB 3.04. My site ishttp://mercx.exofire.net

DarinAllan
Re: Can't Change CBB Permissions ("Sorry you don't have permission to access this area")

We're up to CBB 3.08, might be worth upgrading to the latest first of all. Also make sure you have the latest Frameworks and the latest xoopseditor packages.

CBB 3.08

I see there are new versions Frameworks 1.22 and xoopseditor 1.21

Frameworks Xoopseditor

Cheers ;o)

GG-Xtreme
Re: Can't Change CBB Permissions ("Sorry you don't have permission to access this area")
  • 2007/11/25 2:33

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

Ok, I've completely deleted the forums, installed the latest Frameworks and Xoopseditor, then installed CBB 3.08. While this solved some other bugs I was having, I still get the "Sorry you don't have permission to access this area" message when I try to change forum permissions

Edit: I have tried different Webmaster accounts, and making different administrative groups, and so far, nothing works. I can't use CBB until I get this to work

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/11/25 3:39

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

Edit: See next post

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/11/25 5:13

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

Crap, I was wrong. It's still not working. It was working at first but as I slowly began to add forums, it stopped working again The only workaround I have found is to keep editing and applying the default template to the forums one by one.

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/12/12 1:36

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

*Bump* I really need help, I need to add more forums, and the default templates mean I will have to do all the permissions from scratch again. I have the latest version of everything and all the required files. I have even turned other modules off to see if they are conflicting.

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/12/15 1:17

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

Is there somewhere I can report this, since I've tried everything and no one else in the universe has this problem?

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits