nachenko
Customer that drives me mad
  • 2007/11/5 12:38

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

This is not XOOPS related, but honestly I have to talk about that.

I have a customer that is bad for my health. Not joking.

This customer contacted me to build their University Research Group two and a half years ago. I was younger, less confident, a bit noob, and needed the money.

I accepted.

I have had three different contact people. Only the last one has given me the full, correct information. They spend three months on every review. The attitude has always been nasty, terrible.

Was a public institution, bill was blocked, price was not re-negociable. Finally I got the money, but at this moment I'd give it back and delete all files form the hard drive.

Every time I put to work on this crap I feel sick, tired and angry. Every communication with this customer is preceded by a night of bad sleep.

I'm pushing myself to finish this, but the more I do the worse I feel. See no clear end to this crap.

Sorry for the rant... I just needed.

MadFish
Re: Customer that drives me mad
  • 2007/11/5 13:21

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Have you considered 'firing the customer'? Seriously, if they take too much time and energy to deal with, maybe you could use your time more profitably elsewhere?

nachenko
Re: Customer that drives me mad
  • 2007/11/5 13:35

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

This customer is someone important in it's department. He could "move some threads" to fire me from his department's site maintenance. I needed this money... until now. But I'm now I'm too near of the end, and I got much more power on this department, as many other people is or have been customer of mine, and all them are more than satisfied.

Side note: FrankBlack work on TinyEditor and GiJoe's Fastest CacheHack have been critical on latest successes

Next year there will be elections, and the current council has lots of enemies. Ending this crap so they have no arguments to complain will give me a very strong position for new jobs, as I'll have 100% rate on succesfully finished projects, and the only person that can say anything bad about me is the one with most enemies.

I could have fired them a year ago but I needed the money. Now that I don't need the money, I am too near the end.

But I don't like this situation at all.

Anyway, thanks for reading, madFish

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits