MinnesotaW
Help, Login recognizes you, but doesn't give permissions - solved
  • 2007/11/4 13:54

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

No idea what's up...

Site has been fine for a long time. I regularly perform database maintenance, clear out template_c/cache, and the site works fine.

Now if you log in, the "thank you for logging in xxx" appears but you only get the permissions of a non-registered user. The big thing all the folks go to the site for is the forum (cbb 3.08) and it doesn't appear in the main menu at all!

I've run a check on the database, all is okay no corrupted tables or anything nasty, emptied sessions, template_c, cache, registered a test ID and it registered properly, but using it to log in and the forum still is gone.

It all appears to work except it seems extCal doesn't recognize you are logged in, and the forum is simply not on the menus anymore (oh and even though you just logged in the login block still appears in it's spot and the user menu doesn't appear).

I can't get to the admin pages anymore either.

It's almost like the permissions table was completely whacked somehow and webmasters taken off admin access, all registered users taken off the forum, calendar, etc...

Xooops 2.0.17.1 and I've not changed a module for probably 8 months.

Any ideas?

http://www.vetteaction.com

Any help would be appreciated.

MinnesotaW
Re: Help, Login recognizes you, but doesn't give permissions
  • 2007/11/4 14:10

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

More info...

It appears when I log in a session is created for me in the session table.

Also even through the links aren't there, I attempted to edit my profile by manually putting the URL in (I know my UID) and it told me I didn't have permission even though I'm logged in as me!

skenow
  • 2007/11/4 14:14

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

First question: When did you upgrade to 2.0.17.1 and has this been happening since then?

Second question: Are you using custom sessions (set in General Preferences)?

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/4 14:20

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
First question: When did you upgrade to 2.0.17.1 and has this been happening since then?

Second question: Are you using custom sessions (set in General Preferences)?

The upgrade was about a month or so ago and it worked just fine after the upgrade.

I do use a custom session and basically use a custom timeout so people don't have to log in every hour...I think I have it set to a 12 hour session....but it's been like that since I brought the site up.

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/4 15:16

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

More info...

The DB checks out okay, but clicking on Xoops_modules I get the following in MYSQL:

Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.6.3/sql.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/jproscen/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/home/vdeck/tmp/:/usr/local/bin/mogrify:/usr/local/bin/convert:/usr/sbin/sendmail) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-2.6.3/sql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/4 15:17

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

Uh...check that..a couple of clicks later and the table showed up...is the database server having a bad Sunday?

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/4 15:27

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

Additional info...

I happened to have 2 backups of the database, one from yesterday and one from an week earlier.

I created 2 new databases and restored each backup to each new database and then repointed to each one to test...same darn result for both!

The backups were taken when the site was healthy and working.

Very confused at this point.

skenow
  • 2007/11/4 15:52

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

It's starting to sound more like a server configuration that your host may have changed.

Start with the usual - check permissions on cache and templates_c

Do you have a file backup, too?

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/11/4 16:59

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
It's starting to sound more like a server configuration that your host may have changed.

Start with the usual - check permissions on cache and templates_c

Do you have a file backup, too?

Yeah...I'm leaning that way too. Sadly I'm with Ipower which is a huge mistake for anyone out there thinking of looking for a new host provider.

I do have a file backup but at this point I doubt a site restore will do me any good...hate to go that drastic at this point

tcnet
  • 2007/11/4 18:43

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

This started happening on my site after I upgrade to 2.17.1. Only occurs when using IE7. Firefox works fine.

Contrary to upgrade instructions, I turned sessions off and all is well now.

Have you viewed with Firefox? Tried turning off sessions?

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits