hervet
before the project dies
  • 2007/11/4 10:36

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Dissolution of both entities who are taking the community as hostages (foundation and council)

For the money => Call to a recognized entity (may be the FSF or the Mozilla foundation?) to collect the money from the ads and donations.

For the server => Call to a sponsor.
In France, there is a famous host called OVH which gives servers to OpenSource projets (to really Open Source projects)

End of the problem, back to the code !

Marco
Re: before the project die
  • 2007/11/4 10:45

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

For the money => Call to a recognized entity (may be the FSF or the Mozilla foundation?) to collect the money from the ads and donations.

may i add, delete all those advertisements blocks on xoops.org that make XOOPS a sandwich guy. The project is not mature enough to manage money by its own. We need only it to pay a due professional server maintainance service, nothing more.
Our main concern is product code, not money, that brings cupidity and kills any initiative and community efforts.

Quote:

For the server => Call to a sponsor.
In France, there is a famous host called OVH which gives servers to OpenSource projets (to really Open Source projects)

[personal joke]what ? you're promoting ovh ! [/personal joke]
ovh is providing XOOPS as well on their prepacked solutions.I'm sure my neighbors ovh would be glad to offer some assistance on this point. For the benefit of open source.
it's one of the top 30 hosters in world, nr 1 in France. Let's use experts, at once.

Quote:

End of the problem, back to the code !

yep. we have experts here, but it's not possible for them to work conveniently and alltogether.
Do synergy or die.

Login

Who's Online

285 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 285

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits