johnrulz2003
Module Block Troubles

Hi guys. I'm having a problem regarding the news module block. Recently, I upgraded my news 1.44 to news 1.56. All went well. I later noticed that my recent news block showed only 10 news (I guess it's the default). I changed the settings to show 15 but after changing the recent news block would disappear. It would only reappear when I update the news module. But after updating the news module, the recent news block would again show only 10 news (the default). Then another thing that I discovered was that whenever I make new blocks, it does not show up. Can somebody pls pls help me. Thanks.

MadFish
Re: Module Block Troubles
  • 2007/10/29 3:50

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

With the news block, I think you need to edit the block settings again, and highlight the categories that you want the block to show news from (try selecting all of them to start). If you have no categories selected it the block will not appear because it has no content.

I don't know about your second block problem sorry. But maybe you need to assign group permissions to your new blocks to let people see them? By default, new blocks are only visible to webmaster and registered user groups (not anonymous users).

johnrulz2003
Re: Module Block Troubles

Thanks for the help!

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits