arrakis
NewBB missing template?
  • 2007/10/20 21:59

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

Hi all, when I go into a forum (on my site), and try to write a new post, the form is too large and the site layout get messed up, I decided to go to templates and change the width of the textarea, but there is no newtopic.php template to modify, it is possible? Do I have to edit some file in the module directory or it can be done in the template settings?

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestion.

Anonymous
Re: NewBB missing template?
  • 2007/10/20 22:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
arrakis wrote:

newtopic.php template

Eh?

Your template files for this module will be .html files in the /template and /template/blocks folders of the module.

However, you might find the dimensions of you text area box set in the .css file of your site's theme.

How a about a url so we can look at your site and offer an more informed view?

arrakis
  • 2007/10/20 22:42

• arrakis

• Just popping in

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
Quote:
arrakis wrote:

newtopic.php template

Eh?

Your template files for this module will be .html files in the /template and /template/blocks folders of the module.

Sorry, I wanted to say the template shown when the address is newtopic.php, in other words when you go in forum and press "new topic" and you obtain the form where you write the post.

Quote:

However, you might find the dimensions of you text area box set in the .css file of your site's theme.

How a about a url so we can look at your site and offer an more informed view?

Thanks, I'll check it, but I can't show you cause it is now in local pc, not on line. Anyway the problem is that I have left boxes and right boxes, and the new post form is larger than the available width on the center part of xoops.

arrakis
  • 2007/10/20 23:06

• arrakis

• Just popping in

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:

I checked, it is not set in the .css file, but directly in the html:

<textarea name='message' id='message' rows='25' cols='60' tabindex='2'></textarea>

So I need to change it in the template area or editing files on the module dir. I need to make "cols=40" instead of 60.

arrakis
  • 2007/10/22 13:20

• arrakis

• Just popping in

Ok, I found out myself how to change that, even if I don't like much to go editing the files on the server (if there is an upgrade someday, you can loose all the changes).

I did that editing this file:
/modules/newbb/include/forumform.inc.php

and changing this line (n.149):
$cols = 60;

Changing that value to 45 did the job.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits