FeraTechInc
Flixible WYSIWYG editor with maximum compatibility.

I tried using the "Mashtop Publish" module which was overall pretty great but I had several problems:

1. Not all modules accept HTML code. So I had to go back and forth switching it off just to use certain modules.

2. TinyMCE constantly makes changes to HTML code upon saving and so any HTML you code directly will get changes when saving.

What I am looking for is a module that lets you change back to the DHTML editor on the fly or decide which modules use the WYSIWYG editor.

McDonald
Re: Flixible WYSIWYG editor with maximum compatibility.
  • 2007/10/3 20:11

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Modules like SmartSection, News and Article have an option in the Preferences where you can select the editor you want to use.

Problem is that Mastop-Publish doesn't have this option and comes standard with TinyMCE. You're forced to use this editor.

The XOOPS equivalent of TinyMCE is Tinyedtor.
I use Tinyeditor in combination with SmartSection and WF-Links 1.03. So far I haven't noted that Tinyeditor makes changes to the HTML-code upon saving.

frankblack
Re: Flexible WYSIWYG editor with maximum compatibility.
  • 2007/10/3 21:30

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

With a few "tricks" you can change tinymce that comes with mastop so that html is not getting modified. Read THIS

mboyden
Re: Flexible WYSIWYG editor with maximum compatibility.
  • 2007/10/4 2:07

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'm a fan of FCKeditor. I put up a fairly thorough post on it some time ago that might help.

But it comes down to which module you want to use, and whether or not they support the various WYSIWYG editors available. Some can be modified fairly easily, but we really need to get the XOOPSeditor framework adopted in the core so you just provide a hook to the editor and then admins can choose one or more for users.

SmartSection can be easily modified to use FCKeditor that comes with the XOOPSeditor framework.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits