alcodesigns
A bit lost....
  • 2007/9/18 12:27

• alcodesigns

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/18

Hello,

I just got a client that needs me to do a poll on her site, however, the person who installed XOOPS has disapeared and I have no information on how to access the admin panel to make changes. I have tried a few things, including accessing the index.php, but it redirects to the main page.

I need help finding the access to the control panel instead of going into the codes to add the polls. Since I'm fairly new to this program, I need some guidance. Also, I need to refresh the SEO part of the site and I haven't been able to find the header to do so. I'm using Dreamweaver as my editor.

Finally, if I just create a simple .html poll to add to the main menu links, how would I do so?

I know there are a few questions in here, but those are the things I'm trying to accomplish in the next day or so. I've been looking at the forum and documentations trying to find my answers and I haven't been able to find them, this is why I'm posting.

Thank you in advance for your help!

script_fu
Re: A bit lost....

You may log in here,

http://www.yoursite.org/user.php

Here is the newest version of the poll module but the dev quit.

I have the module at home and can hook you up later today if no one comes along before then with a new link to the module.

If you dont have access to the database user name & passsword but have access to ftp on the site you can open mainfile.php for the correct uname & password.

shalommemphi
Re: A bit lost....

DO you know the login name of the site administrator? Thats the level you need to log into the site with. Maybe the site owner has that information.

If not you may need to go into the sql database and edit it to get access as the main site administrator.

Once that is done, then you can just install a POLLS module and have full control of polls that way.
Helping each other with Knowledge

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits