DriedGraze
Missing header
  • 2007/8/15 3:03

• DriedGraze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/21

Hey guys, I wonder if any of you might know the answer to this strange conundrum. The banner in the header of my site (www.bendigoforums.com) has disappeared. I don't know precisely when this occurred but it opens with several other sites by default in my browser (FF) every day and yesterday was the first time I noticed it.

The link is there and the source confirms this. I have checked by FTP that the file is there also.

Chris Pederick's Web Developer tool even outlines the image with the correct dimensions but it's invisible.

I have tried with other themes and headers/images show up fine.

Any ideas? I don't know if it's a theme issue, a missing header, just a screwy image or something else. Coincidentally, I even had my eyes tested yesterday, so I'm sure it's not me.

Thanks.

DarinAllan
Re: Missing header

The Banner is there when I view your site, nice job by the way ;o) Sorry I have no idea what is wrong, I used to live in Bendigo, I had to reply with something lol.

Bill you have a PM well you will soon.

Cheers.....Darin ;o)

DriedGraze
  • 2007/8/15 5:27

• DriedGraze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/21

Quote:

DarinAllan wrote:
The Banner is there when I view your site, nice job by the way ;o) Sorry I have no idea what is wrong, I used to live in Bendigo, I had to reply with something lol.

Bill you have a PM well you will soon.

Cheers.....Darin ;o)

That's weird. I have tried Firefox, IE and Safari with the same results...no header graphic.

Thanks for checking though.

DarinAllan

Oh yeah should actually say, I tested with Firefox 2.0.0.6 and IE 6 (wine). Running on Ubuntu Feisty. The site and banner display no probs.

;o)

inkuyo
  • 2008/1/2 5:59

• inkuyo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem. The funny thing is it gets comment out on my laptop running XP MCE, SP2. But on my desktop running vista it works fine. I usually use FF but on my laptop I also try IE 7 and the header image is still missing.

The site is www.washingtonprosaws.com

Here is the bit about the header being commented out:

<td><table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td><div align="center"><!-- --></div></td>
<tr>

<td><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

END OF HTML PASTE.

Any ideas?

script_fu

Quote:

inkuyo wrote:
did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem. The funny thing is it gets comment out on my laptop running XP MCE, SP2. But on my desktop running vista it works fine. I usually use FF but on my laptop I also try IE 7 and the header image is still missing.

Any ideas?

Hey I dont know where you downloaded that theme you have because its very old. The theme doesn't support alot of stuff that XOOPS has to offer now.

Please download a newer theme and until then use the default and all your problems will go away.

script_fu

Try some of the themes from here say 2007 or newer...

inkuyo
  • 2008/1/22 15:49

• inkuyo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

ok. I changed themes but still had the weird issue on my laptop. The customer wanted it changed anyways.

On a side note, I installed XOOPS directly from Godaddy then downloaded the themes from the directory here.

And now I am changing my notifications so I can get my messages in a more timely manner...

Dale

BTW, check out www.washingtonprosaws.com and let me know what you think. XOOPS front end (my first) with a Zen Cart store attached, but no fully integrated

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits