spgster
How to create a menu like this...
  • 2007/7/23 20:56

• spgster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

Hi,

I am upgrading my existing site from www.suttonrugby.co.uk to an XOOPs based site (www.suttorugby.co.uk/newsite)

Although I find OOPS great for making a look and feel, Some of the modules are far to cetnered on forum based posts and news.

I need to try and get all of the content from the old site into the new site.

Currently the existing menu system I have is JS based and uses a php script to load up the links from the DB. All of the pages on the system are dynamic and are stored in the DB, editable by site admins only (using a system that I wrote very badly!)

I need to find a way of displaying a truely dynamic menu, I am not worried if I can only get vertical menus to show ina side bar, but I need to have multi levels (IE: MENU|SUB MENU 1| SUB MENU 2) and if possible be able to link each item to a page within the system (ideally dynamically)

I have looked at MultiMenu but that cannot do what I want..

Secondly If you look at the teams pages, you'll see the style is the same for each page, but the data is relative to each team. Again this is dynamic and moderated by the site admin tool.

Here I have looked at SmartSections and that is just not going to do what I want. All I need is to display a link in a menu to a page that allows me to add PHP content I guess.

A menu that lets me build links based on PHP scriping would be the best though!

I need to be able to create a custom page that can look up data from the DB, but doesn't have stuff that is present with news pages etc.

I am starting to wonder if the XOOPs tool is best for this type of website. I love the way we can set up layouts etc, but I am not sure if I can get all the content into the XOOPs structure in a similar way to what I have now..

I really would appreciate some help from you guys..

Steve

christian
Re: How to create a menu like this...
  • 2007/7/23 21:17

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

On this page you can look many possibilities with multimenu module.

You can insert in your theme.html file a menu from this site.

With the pages module you can create independant pages with html code, but not php code. Option : can display a link automatically in bottom each page and/or in block menu principal.

seth_sd
Re: How to create a menu like this...
  • 2007/7/23 22:13

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

spgster wrote:

Currently the existing menu system I have is JS based and uses a php script to load up the links from the DB. All of the pages on the system are dynamic and are stored in the DB, editable by site admins only (using a system that I wrote very badly!)

I need to find a way of displaying a truely dynamic menu, I am not worried if I can only get vertical menus to show ina side bar, but I need to have multi levels (IE: MENU|SUB MENU 1| SUB MENU 2) and if possible be able to link each item to a page within the system (ideally dynamically)

I have looked at MultiMenu but that cannot do what I want..

Secondly If you look at the teams pages, you'll see the style is the same for each page, but the data is relative to each team. Again this is dynamic and moderated by the site admin tool.

Here I have looked at SmartSections and that is just not going to do what I want. All I need is to display a link in a menu to a page that allows me to add PHP content I guess.

A menu that lets me build links based on PHP scriping would be the best though!

I need to be able to create a custom page that can look up data from the DB, but doesn't have stuff that is present with news pages etc.

I am starting to wonder if the XOOPs tool is best for this type of website. I love the way we can set up layouts etc, but I am not sure if I can get all the content into the XOOPs structure in a similar way to what I have now..

I really would appreciate some help from you guys..

Steve

Hey Steve,

Have a look at Mastop_Publish. I think this module will do exactly as you want. There is block called "Tree Menu" that will display, dynamically, all of the pages and sub-pages that you create with this module. Use preference to turn off all the unnecassary "Related Pages" stuff and you will simply have a page generator that generates dynamic menus and sub-menus. When you create a page you choose to display it as a sub-page of another page and whether or not to show it on the menu. It's brilliant actually. You can also assign permissions by page really easily on the same screen that you use to create the page.

On top of that, it has an awesome "WYSIWIG" editor, file-manager and the ability to import html pages. It is one of the most professional modules that I have used with XOOPS.

If you have any questions let me know...but from my understanding of what you describe it just may be the answer.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits