kraai
Word in forum causes forbidden message
  • 2007/6/30 16:00

• kraai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/22

Hi

One of our members on my own XOOPS site wanted to do a post in the forum, using the word "opsy" a commonly used word in our local language.

Whenever this spesific word is used as part of a sentence, or as a stand alone word, and you want to submit your posting, or preview it, the following message appears in the browser:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /tuis/modules/newbb/post.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

As soon as you take out the word "opsy" from the posting, or even write it like this: "o p s y" then it can be submitted without any problem.

Can anyone tell me why is this, and how can I rectify this? If there is already a topic similar to this, I apologise, just point me towards it then.

Thanks

BlueStocking
Re: Word in forum causes forbidden message

Check
ADMIN/
SYSTEM/
PREFERENCES/
Word Censoring Options/

It may be in the list to be censored.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kraai
  • 2007/6/30 16:20

• kraai

• Just popping in

Hi Bluestocking, thanks for your reply.

It was one of the first places I went and check, and no, this word is not part of the sensored words.

BlueStocking

http://home.golden.net/htaccess.html

Some information on .htaccess files,
could you have one in a directory that makes some reference to "opsy"

Or have you tried a site search to see if you can find any reference to it in any of your files for a clue.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

ewonline
  • 2007/6/30 17:03

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

This sounds like a server side thing, possibly mod_security or something like it. Have you checked with your host?
Resized Image

kraai
  • 2007/6/30 17:14

• kraai

• Just popping in

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
http://home.golden.net/htaccess.html

Some information on .htaccess files,
could you have one in a directory that makes some reference to "opsy"

Or have you tried a site search to see if you can find any reference to it in any of your files for a clue.

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. When I do a site search for the word "opsy" from my homepage, I get the same forbidden message in my browser.

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /tuis/modules/newbb/post.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

The .htaccess files are all as in original, and was never edited by me.

I forgot to mention that I have updated XOOPS to a newer version, using fantastico from my CPanel, and had to re install all my previous modules, from the backups, as fantastico just deleted it, and only installed the newer version without any modules, except the admin/system one.

This problem was discovered today, after the upgrade, and I'm not sure if the upgrade can be related to this. Maybe there was something I have or haven't done?

kraai
  • 2007/6/30 17:19

• kraai

• Just popping in

Quote:

ewonline wrote:
This sounds like a server side thing, possibly mod_security or something like it. Have you checked with your host?

Hi ewonline, and thanks for your reply.

I will defenitly query my host, to see if they can come up with something. Their response is usually within 24 hours, and as soon as I have a response, I'll come and paste it here on this thread.

script_fu

Hum... fantastico

Do you have any idea what version of XOOPS that fantastico installed?

I ask this because the version I have on my server is
Description: (v2.2.3a-Final)

Which is no longer recomended.

I think you should start all over again. Do not use fantastico!!! Just install XOOPS from the package you download from here.

If you have alot of data then by all means back up you database first.

If you need help to install fresh just ask...

kraai
  • 2007/6/30 17:30

• kraai

• Just popping in

I have just narrowed the word "opsy" down to the letters "psy" and found that it is actually the letters "psy" that causes this problem. Adding any letters to the front or back of "psy" I get the same problem. I can however ad any letters inbetween "psy" like "posy" and that will work.

ewonline
  • 2007/6/30 17:36

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

The version of XOOPS doesn't matter, because its not XOOPS thats returning the 403 forbidden message, its Apache.

Normally, the "You don't have permission to access /tuis/modules/newbb/post.php on this server" message means that the file is chmod'ed (file permissions) to 0640 or something like that. Just to be thorough, verify that the file is chmod'ed 0644, otherwise known as rw-r--r--
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits