Daniel_CW
Website requirements - possible with XOOPS?
  • 2007/6/27 20:54

• Daniel_CW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/27

Hi all!

I need to build a site which is more user management driven than content management driven. Basically it's a site with members where most of the information will be centered around the user, but I still want to have all of the normal "CMS stuff" that XOOPS (with modules) delivers, like newsfeeds, forums, gallerys and site content.

It's meant to function like a closed community site, where users log in to see all the modules, and then can go right ahead and view content or, depending on group access, modify content.

Is this possible in a relatively simple way with XOOPS? I am pretty efficient with PHP/MySQL, so I could build modules myself, but it would be much easier if there already were some modules with this type of use in mind.

Thanks for answering the questions of a beginner ^^

mboyden
Re: Website requirements - possible with XOOPS?
  • 2007/6/28 3:48

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Yes, it's relatively easy to do what you describe with XOOPS. You can specify content display/interactivity by anonymous user, registered user, and/or special user group. Most any CMS will do that, of course. XOOPS has a very configurable system, a good templating system (Smarty) and a solid architecture. Try it out. Like any CMS, there is a learning curve to some degree. What you will find with XOOPS is that after the learning curve, you will have more power with this system than others.

Good luck!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

ewonline
  • 2007/6/30 17:13

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Sounds like you want a wiki and a CMS at the sametime? Thats possible with XOOPS. There are 2 good wiki modules for XOOPS, so I would take a look at that.
Resized Image

n01un0
  • 2007/6/30 20:15

• n01un0

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/9

wiki modules:

phpWiki

dokuwiki

wiwimod

mediawiki

I haven't tried any so I can't make a recommendation. Hope this was helpful. Good luck.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits