sales-man
i've read the blank screen page but......... HELP!
  • 2007/6/26 16:45

• sales-man

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/26

my general settings page appears blank! i cant debug because i cant get into general settings.... plus i have not even had the chance to load anything onto the site as yet... please help

riosoft
Re: i've read the blank screen page but......... HELP!
  • 2007/6/26 18:23

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

How to enable Debug via phpmyadmin (xoops 2.0.x):

Table: xxx_config
Search 'debug_mode' --> conf_name
change at 'conf_value' this (Debug off) --> a:1:{i:0;i:1;}
for this (Debug On) --> a:1:{i:0;s:1:"1";}

Good luck!

Backup your database before and analize it with phpmyadmin for errors.

mboyden
  • 2007/6/26 21:06

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

What was the last thing you changed? Did you add a module, change a theme or something else? Can you login to the admin area? What version of XOOPS are you using? Are you theming the admin area? A few more details will help us to help you better.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

sales-man
  • 2007/6/27 12:04

• sales-man

• Just popping in

Quote:

mboyden wrote:
What was the last thing you changed? Did you add a module, change a theme or something else? Can you login to the admin area? What version of XOOPS are you using? Are you theming the admin area? A few more details will help us to help you better.

the software is just loaded, no modules, no theme... i've added nothing.

i'm using the latest version of xoops, just downloaded and i can login to the admin, everything else seems to work fine....

mboyden
  • 2007/6/27 14:42

• mboyden

Okay, this one certainly sounds different. So, if I understand correctly, you see everything BUT the general settings screen. I assume that means you can see the other settings pages just fine. Did you try and copy over that file, just to make sure? Are the permissions on that file any different than any of the others (the file is in /modules/system/admin/preferences)? Did you use phpMyAdmin to make the debug change in the database and see if you got any useful error messages? There are people that are willing to help, but we need some additional information. Maybe you'd be willing to share some login/access info (not through this forum of course).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

sales-man
  • 2007/6/27 17:42

• sales-man

• Just popping in

ok... i've gone for a complete reinstall, i'll let you know how i get on :) cheers

sales-man
  • 2007/6/27 20:42

• sales-man

• Just popping in

i think i've broken it! i deleted all of the tables in the MySQL data base, then i deleted all of the files on my server, then i uploaded all of the files from my hard drive back to the server and started again. When i went through the install it brought up all of my old details which i thought was a bit strange but i continued with the install, i had green lights all the way until the end... now it says 'Failed creating database tables.' ... urgh ... any ideas anyone?

sales-man

• sales-man

• Just popping in

i think i've broken it! i deleted all of the tables in the MySQL data base, then i deleted all of the files on my server, then i uploaded all of the files from my hard drive back to the server and started again. When i went through the install it brought up all of my old details which i thought was a bit strange but i continued with the install, i had green lights all the way until the end... now it says 'Failed creating database tables.' ... urgh ... any ideas anyone?

sales-man

• sales-man

• Just popping in

mboyden
  • 2007/6/28 2:31

• mboyden

You're repeating yourself

Seriously, though. The variables were likely cached in your PHPsession information, although I must admit that I haven't yet pursued that part of the code, so can't say for sure, but it's likely not an issue overall.

Back to your troubleshooting....

Before the database failed part, did you get a green light on the ability to talk to the database? Are you sure that you were connected to the database with correct user settings and such, password and all?

It seems weird that you can get past that point, but then you can't create the tables. Does the user that you created for this access to the database have all privileges?

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits