jensclas
I have had enough - best wishes to all

It is with deep regret I announce my withdrawal from all nominations and positions within the XOOPS community. I need to be removed from all teams, and current privileges as a moderator.

I have several reasons for coming to this decision but first and foremost I hope you will all respect that this is a personal decision based on personal needs in which I have the primary task of caring for myself and my family first.

Secondly - I was hopeful and excited by the change in leadership here (it made me hang on a bit longer). Alas I feel that little has changed. It seems to me that the lead developer has his own private agenda which contradicts what has appeared in public on too many occasions in the last week. The frustration this causes me as a person prepared to step up and help out is no longer tolerable. the two examples which have affected me most have been a) Moderators authority being pulled out from under them, and b)a new team proposal that has not gone through and process of discussion from the interim council (docs team). I am not prepared to give of my time under such conditions. I am not one for strict rules and procedures, but if there is a nominated procedure or process I do expect to be able to follow it. Under the current circumstances and conditions I cannot.

Thirdly - it is probably time for me to move on to other things. My personal life is undergoing major change - I need to go with that flow and see what is behind the next door. My current XOOPS website is not the treasure to me it once was and my interests have changed. It is time I acknowledged that.

I love having done what I have done here and really appreciate the friends I have made - especially those who have stuck it out. I admire you. I have to be realistic and say I am sorry but I cannot stick it out with you. I have loved xoops, but it is not a priority for me anymore and the way things are going it will need far more time and energy (and patience) than I am prepared or able to give to do it justice.

I wish you all well - and I sincerely hope DJ can alter his current leadership style to better suit the future of this community. It would be nice to one day see XOOPS at the top of the CMS votes again.

I will stay in touch with friends via msn.

Regards and best wishes
Jen

tom
Re: I have had enough - best wishes to all
  • 2007/6/15 10:50

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

This is another sad loss to XOOPS within the Space of a few days, I think the other person would rather remain nameless so I won't infringe upon their privacy.

It is a shame that confusion was posted this morning with regards to the docs team, when we had already prepared and started to proceed with some great work.

Sadly enough the same reasons relating to XOOPS were give

Quote:
I wish you all well - and I sincerely hope DJ can alter his current leadership style to better suit the future of this community.

I wish you luck in all that you choose to do in life, it has been a pleasure working alongside such a fine person.

Take care and look after yourself.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

Bender
  • 2007/6/15 11:13

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You will be missed around here. Thanks for holding out with us this long.

(and for the rest ... as on msn)

Thank you Jen.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

script_fu

Thank you for all your unselfish & generous contribs to this project!

You surley will be missed!

Regards
Billy

skenow
  • 2007/6/15 12:32

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Jen - thanks for all you have done. A difficult decision, but I understand your position.

All the best

JMorris
  • 2007/6/15 13:58

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Jen,

I understand and respect your position and choice. I wish you all the best! Take care of your family needs. That is what is most important.

Keep in touch!

JM
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Mamba
  • 2007/6/15 13:59

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
I wish you all well - and I sincerely hope DJ can alter his current leadership style to better suit the future of this community. It would be nice to one day see XOOPS at the top of the CMS votes again.

Just when I thought that things are FINALLY getting better, now another departure!!!

Can't we all just start working as a team for the good of XOOPS?

I don't any details, so I don't know if the issues were addressed with DJ before Jen's decision, but if not, could we give a chance to address any issues, even in public, before we make the decision to leave? There are always some miscommunications going on, so let's try to talk to each other before deciding to leave...

Any comments from DJ on that?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tom
  • 2007/6/15 14:10

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
Can't we all just start working as a team for the good of XOOPS?

We're trying.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

BroHam
  • 2007/6/15 14:11

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

I second Mamba's post. Of course, family and priorities are most important, but if one (or two) people left with the final straw being the doc team thread... WOW. Why be hasty and leave instead of waiting for clarification.
Sorry, no offense to anyone, I am confused and ignorant.
Best of luck.
I don't know.

debianus
  • 2007/6/15 14:36

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

You do not know me; I am too new like registered user of XOOPS and not able to "moderate me". Nevertheless, three years ago that I read your messages. I admire your common sense,(tu "saber estar", in spanish). The last times have been very difficult especially for a moderator of the forums. Perhaps that was an excessive wear. Does not be used to having a single reason for a decision, but several.
In any case, I believe that all we respect you, we appreciate you and if some day you decide to return, we cover with a mat very happy.
---------------
Quote:

Why be hasty and leave instead of waiting for clarification.
Sorry, no offense to anyone, I am confused and ignorant.
Best of luck.

Me too
I thought that the things had changed. What happen?

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits