ChaoticMess
Unconfirmed registrations?

Hi,

My members are confirmed by the email activation link. I have a handful of new users who don't get their confirmation email. The admin DOES get mail the new member username has signed up.

I have installed the 'resend activation mail' program I believe I downloaded from the module repository..written by Fernando Santos. And in the past this has worked as it should. The program does resend an activation link but when you click on the confirm link the browser says something like 'Taking you back to where you were before'.

However whenever I attempt to login I get a message like 'The selected user has been deactivated or has not been activated yet. Please contact the administrator for details'. The user name is not in the users database but XOOPS somehow knows they've applied for an account. What table contains the unconfirmed accounts and how can I hand validate these accounts?

thanks CM

stefan88
Re: Unconfirmed registrations?
  • 2007/6/5 5:56

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

go to administration -> system admin -> Find Users and for "Type of users to show" select "Only inactive users" and then list users. Click edit for the user you want to activate and you will see "This user has not been activated. Do you wish to activate this user?" confirm it and the user will be activated.

The table is PREFIX_users, but inactive users have level "0"

nachenko
  • 2007/6/5 8:37

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

You have to be very careful on who do you activate.

Some of the unactivated users could be SPAM users. If you activate them, you'll be opening a door to SPAM. I always have a bunch of unactivated users. Some of them received the activation mail, that went directly to the SPAM folder. Some others are simply SPAM users. I slowed this process down using DuGris' CAPTCHA.

Xoops 2.2.3 has a "resend activation mail" page, called "activate.php". XOOPS 2.0.16 hasn't, don't know why. Just get XOOPS 2.2.3 and pick up this file. It won't work at first try, but it can be easily adapted. Dabug console is your friend.

ChaoticMess

It's very strange. In testing the registration I've created 10 test accounts to find out why activation mail is not being sent. Each account begins like 'mo' so I could distinguish them from regular users. When I search for all users beginning with 'mo' it tells me the search results found 10 accounts. And then underneath only 3 are listed. I've set it to show me all accounts with 'mo' active or inactive and with or without a mail account.

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits