memreeze
Xoops Path in Admin Area
  • 2007/5/25 8:22

• memreeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/9 1

I have successfully installed a new XOOPS site and can access all areas, including admin, ok. However in some areas, if I want to make an admin change, say add a new category to a forum, I get a 404 because the full XOOPS path isn't included in the target page.

For example, using ForumEx (newbbex), when I try to add a category it loads a page

"http://modules/newbbex/admin/admin_forums.php"

which doesn't include the full path. In this instance it should read

"http://www.rg41.co.uk/modules/newbbex/admin/admin_forums.php".

This happens in other modules too.

I have checked mainfile.php and the XOOPS path is correct.

Is there anywhere else I should check or something I have set up incorrectly?

Anonymous
Re: Xoops Path in Admin Area
  • 2007/5/25 9:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

It does sound like one of the two path definitions is awry but without seeing the code in mainfile.php I can't be certain.

Do you get any other messages when your in the admin area when looking at other modules? Is your /cache directory CHMOD-ed to "777"?

memreeze
  • 2007/5/25 9:18

• memreeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/9 1

Hi

Thanks for a quick response.

There are no error message displayed because, as far as php is concerned, there is no error. It's just calling a page that doesn't happen to exist. It happens in xcgal too incidentally.

The cache directory was set to 755. I've changed it to 777 but there's no change.

You mentioned 2 path definitions. I can only see one in mainfile.php. Where will I find the other . . . or is that the problem???

As this isn't yet a live site and I've only spent a couple of hours on it so far, I'm tempted to start again if I can't resolve it.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
  • 2007/5/25 10:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
memreeze wrote:

You mentioned 2 path definitions. I can only see one in mainfile.php. Where will I find the other . . . or is that the problem???

There should be two paths defined (from memory):

XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
This should be the "physical" path to your website's files on the server

XOOPS_URL
This is a "virtual" path and will be what you would type into your web-browser to get to your site.

Both of these bits of code will be near the top of mainfile.php and one will be below the other. In my file, IIRC, the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH definiton is first.

From what you descibe, it sounds like the issue is with the XOOPS_URL

HTH

Login

Who's Online

395 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 395

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits