dperk
Forum?
  • 2007/4/23 15:27

• dperk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/20

Hi All.
Been at this for 2 days and can't get a forum to work?
newbb_2.02 installed, couldn't figure out how to install sub cats, and not much point in 2.02 if everything is on 3.08. So I installed 3.08, seam to be fine but couldn't again figure out how to operate the mod, Cats install but how do you install the sub cats?
auto..
domestics..
european..
I'm running the new Xoop .16 Can you start with 3.08 right from the start, or do I need to upgrade up to this version!
3.08 seam to be good install but couldn't add subs.

Thanks

Anonymous
Re: Forum?
  • 2007/4/23 15:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
dperk wrote:

Been at this for 2 days and can't get a forum to work?

Quote:
dperk wrote:

newbb_2.02 installed, couldn't figure out how to install sub cats, and not much point in 2.02 if everything is on 3.08. So I installed 3.08, seam to be fine but couldn't again figure out how to operate the mod, Cats install but how do you install the sub cats?
auto..
domestics..
european..

CBB 3.08 works well "straight from the crate" provided that you have uploaded the latest "xoopseditors" and "Frameworks" to the correct place.

You should have a directory structure exactly like this:

website_root/class/xoopseditor
website_root/Frameworks
website_root/modules/newbb

Quote:
dperk wrote:

I'm running the new Xoop .16 Can you start with 3.08 right from the start, or do I need to upgrade up to this version!
3.08 seam to be good install but couldn't add subs.

Use CBB 3.08 straight off. No need for an upgrade.

In the admin section, go to the "forums" option (hover your mouse over the "Forums" icon. You should now see a list of categories. Click on the "+Forum" button to create a Forum and, once the Forum is created, click on that forum's "+subforum" button to create a sub-forum.

Then click on the "Permissions" tab and set all the permissions via the drop-down list as you want. Please note that you will also need to set module access permissions under Admin>Groups.

Hope that this helps.

dperk
Re: Forum?
  • 2007/4/23 16:27

• dperk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/20

Hi John V,
Thanks guy!! I had it installed correctly, Taking a closer look this in no way operates like a normal forum. I see the sub forum here and and couldn't follow that design.
With what info you've supplied, looking at the structure of the forum, I see more on it's config..

Thanks..

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits