knight2000
Debaser upload problems
  • 2007/4/9 22:19

• knight2000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/12

I have been fighting this for a while. I can not upload a file, audio or video. I set the upload size to 80mbs and i still can not upload a 10, 25, or even 30mbs file. Can anyone help with this? Also I cant add any radio station feeds I went tohttp://www.radiomat.com/streaming/index.html and I tried to add one of these but nothing happens when i try to play them. I really like the concept of this module but I'm not sure how to use it. My website ishttp://hyprsearch.com, you if you want, register and see for yourself, click on auto and video and try to upload a simple file.
-Victor

http://hyprsearch.com

gestroud
Re: Debaser upload problems
  • 2007/4/9 22:56

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Hello,

I gave it a shot, but it looks like the links to the module are only visible to the webmaster.

One thing: Unless Auto Approve Submissions is activated in the Preferences section, all submissions (including the webmaster's) have to be manually approved in the Admin section.

gestroud
  • 2007/4/9 23:20

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Okey doke. Got in - had to login three times for some reason.

Uploaded a small file (5.45 MB) sucessfully.

Quote:
Upload was successful!
Artist: Dark Fantasy
Title: The Thing From The Sea
Album: (3) The Thing from the Sea -
Year: 1941
Additional info: Visit www.OTR-Board.com! Tag
Track: 3
Category: Other
Length: 22:39
Bitrate: 32
Frequency: 22050
Close window

knight2000
  • 2007/4/9 23:40

• knight2000

• Just popping in

Thank you for checking it out. Your audio file works great. I wonder why it won't work for me. Thats really strange. I was able to upload one video file, but the rest of the files were not able to upload. And yes the auto approve is enabled. Do you know anything about the radio feature? I can't seem add a radio stream.
-Victor

davidl2
  • 2007/4/10 0:08

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

On some modules - the capitalisation of the filenames - particularly the file extension - can be a problem.

Try renaming you file to be all in lowercase (or uppercase) in the ".mp3" or whatever type of file it is...

mboyden
  • 2007/4/19 13:37

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I, too, am having upload problems with debaser. Great module, overall, btw.

First, the upload on this module works a little funny with the pop ups (and like many savvy users I tend to use a pop-up blocker). This module was working just fine for one of my sites until recently. The only real change is that we upgraded the server to PHP5.2 (MySQL is still on 4.1 but planned for upgrade, too). It still uploads fine for small files (less than 5 meg), but on larger files (10M or so), I get a file-save dialog box trying to save a file named 'upload.php'. Somehow Apache is not delivering the right filetype back to the browser (maybe it times out or something now). The file isn't written to the uploads directory (and I'm not sure where the temporary file is saved yet).

Does anyone have any ideas? This module works better than SmartMedia.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

mboyden
  • 2007/4/20 12:37

• mboyden

I'm also having problems with the player for MP3 files. I get a message in firefox (pop-up dialog box) that says an illegal instruction was performed and that I need to restart firefox. The player doesn't fully load anymore.

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.16 and using PHP5/MySQL 4.1. I'm not getting errors when I turn on debugging, either.

I'm going to have to do something about it, but don't know what yet. I'd love to help debug this and fix it since it's the best one on the scene at the moment.

Mark
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

knight2000
  • 2007/4/21 13:58

• knight2000

• Just popping in

Thats the same problem I'm having with the uploads, any file over roughly 5 mbs will not load. I just takes me back to the upload a file page, in other words it will start to upolad but the page looks like it refreshes but there is no pop up or notification that the upload was completed. Not sure whats going on. I have php 5.2 and MySQL 5.
-Victor

mboyden
  • 2007/4/23 23:38

• mboyden

Doh! I had to change the php.ini settings to allow larger file uploads. After that, I was able to get it to work again. I had rebuilt PHP on the server and upgraded it to 5.2 and that's when the filesize went back down below our normal settings. The pertinent settings are:

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

You can check your settings by making and running a php file with only phpinfo(); as the only instruction. It will also tell you where the ini file is (assuming you have access). If you don't, you will need to contact your hosting provider. Some setups allow you to override some settings on a local web, but they can help you on that.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits