rig4red
Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops'!
  • 2007/4/4 12:00

• rig4red

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/1 9

Title says it all. I've been scouering the internet, and still am. I can't seem to find anything substantial. As it is, mine look -BAD-. I tried editting the newBB.css and was only able to make it look, well, worse. lol

HELP

(also, i read that newBB was no longer being made and to DL cbb. I did, the download was xoops-module-cbb-308 and when it uploaded I noticed the newBB.css files etc... dunno if I got the wrong one, or what.)

Another Question:

As far as blocks are concerned, is it possible to eliminate the left side all together and ONLY use the center column? I know the first thing you think is "der, just go into the blocks setting and tell it to be visible in the cL cC or cR positions. I have done that. When I do so, everything is in the center! yay right? no.. There is still a left justification of about 20% or so, nothing on the right. Very strange.

I am looking into it as I type and will till either one of you lovely people come up with a quick answer or I find something surfing the net.

davidl2
Re: Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops'!
  • 2007/4/4 13:43

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

(also, i read that newBB was no longer being made and to DL cbb. I did, the download was xoops-module-cbb-308 and when it uploaded I noticed the newBB.css files etc... dunno if I got the wrong one, or what.)

Quick Explanation: Essentially CBB is Newbb

Long Explanation: One of the devlopers of Newbb 2 moved on. Phppp developed the module further under the name of CBB (Community Bulletin Board) - but it was compatible with the older version.

The module directory is the same, and some of the other file names

Quote:

As far as blocks are concerned, is it possible to eliminate the left side all together and ONLY use the center column?

Can't help you with this - but it should be possible to add a bit of logic in the theme - to not display the column if there is no left or right blocks....

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 13:59

• rig4red

• Just popping in

I am not versed in in PHP so adding any logic would be exceedingly difficult for me.

(currently at blows with the news module.. hehe)

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 14:06

• rig4red

• Just popping in

UGH

I locked myself out... when messing with the block arrangement, I hid everything and logged out... of course that means the login block is also hid. How do I get back in? el oh el

on the plus side, I did find a block configuration I liked.

- did XOOPS ever release its .css for their forums? or release the a XOOPS forum template?

davidl2
Re: Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops!
  • 2007/4/4 14:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Use: http://www.yoursite.com/user.php to log into your site... and http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php to get to the admin areas.... you don't need to keep the login visible unless you need it.

The version of the forum we use here is a customised one - but the css etc is mostly the standard one I believe.

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 15:17

• rig4red

• Just popping in

Thanks.

I did manage to get back in and am hard at work messing around with various .css files.

http://www.apocalypticinsurgency.com

Im still having issues cordinating colors on things not directly involved with the main styles.css. I refer to the News and CBB modules. the CBB one inherits /some/ of the Styles.css traits, but randomly so.

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 15:47

• rig4red

• Just popping in

Oh yeah, watch out IE users. There is a resize bug in there that crashes IE browsers. Im working on it in the back of my head atm. I cant quite figure out whats causing it.

Login

Who's Online

412 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 412

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits