rig4red
Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops'!
  • 2007/4/4 12:00

• rig4red

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/1 9

Title says it all. I've been scouering the internet, and still am. I can't seem to find anything substantial. As it is, mine look -BAD-. I tried editting the newBB.css and was only able to make it look, well, worse. lol

HELP

(also, i read that newBB was no longer being made and to DL cbb. I did, the download was xoops-module-cbb-308 and when it uploaded I noticed the newBB.css files etc... dunno if I got the wrong one, or what.)

Another Question:

As far as blocks are concerned, is it possible to eliminate the left side all together and ONLY use the center column? I know the first thing you think is "der, just go into the blocks setting and tell it to be visible in the cL cC or cR positions. I have done that. When I do so, everything is in the center! yay right? no.. There is still a left justification of about 20% or so, nothing on the right. Very strange.

I am looking into it as I type and will till either one of you lovely people come up with a quick answer or I find something surfing the net.

davidl2
Re: Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops'!
  • 2007/4/4 13:43

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

(also, i read that newBB was no longer being made and to DL cbb. I did, the download was xoops-module-cbb-308 and when it uploaded I noticed the newBB.css files etc... dunno if I got the wrong one, or what.)

Quick Explanation: Essentially CBB is Newbb

Long Explanation: One of the devlopers of Newbb 2 moved on. Phppp developed the module further under the name of CBB (Community Bulletin Board) - but it was compatible with the older version.

The module directory is the same, and some of the other file names

Quote:

As far as blocks are concerned, is it possible to eliminate the left side all together and ONLY use the center column?

Can't help you with this - but it should be possible to add a bit of logic in the theme - to not display the column if there is no left or right blocks....

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 13:59

• rig4red

• Just popping in

I am not versed in in PHP so adding any logic would be exceedingly difficult for me.

(currently at blows with the news module.. hehe)

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 14:06

• rig4red

• Just popping in

UGH

I locked myself out... when messing with the block arrangement, I hid everything and logged out... of course that means the login block is also hid. How do I get back in? el oh el

on the plus side, I did find a block configuration I liked.

- did XOOPS ever release its .css for their forums? or release the a XOOPS forum template?

davidl2
Re: Where can I find CBB templates? Like Xoops!
  • 2007/4/4 14:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Use: www.yoursite.com/user.php to log into your site... andhttp://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php to get to the admin areas.... you don't need to keep the login visible unless you need it.

The version of the forum we use here is a customised one - but the css etc is mostly the standard one I believe.

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 15:17

• rig4red

• Just popping in

Thanks.

I did manage to get back in and am hard at work messing around with various .css files.

www.apocalypticinsurgency.com

Im still having issues cordinating colors on things not directly involved with the main styles.css. I refer to the News and CBB modules. the CBB one inherits /some/ of the Styles.css traits, but randomly so.

rig4red
  • 2007/4/4 15:47

• rig4red

• Just popping in

Oh yeah, watch out IE users. There is a resize bug in there that crashes IE browsers. Im working on it in the back of my head atm. I cant quite figure out whats causing it.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits