• 2007/4/2 14:38

• rosie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/9 1

XOOPS Version: 2.0.16
Module Name/Version: Forum module phpBB 1.4.4
PHP Version: 4.4.4-x86_64
MySQL Version: 4.1.21-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.18 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 PHP/5.1.6 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4-x86_64 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Operating System:
Theme you are using: default
Custom template: (Yes/No) YES
PHP Debug Messages:
Notice: Use of undefined constant Forum assumed 'Forum' in file /include/cp_functions.php line 116

Notice
: Use of undefined constant Links assumed 'Links' in file /include/cp_functions.php line 116

MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
Errors Notice: Use of undefined constant E_STRICT assumed 'E_STRICT' in file /class/logger_render.php line 58

A full description of the issue:
In trying to post Pictures using the newbb module, when using the imagesrc button to add the remote hosted url.... at preview it is fine. When I submit then they are not there, only the web link is.
However the link does not work.
This has always worked for the clients to post remote hosted images on their forum, now it will not work.

I hope I have added enough of the correct information above for someone to troubleshoot this for me.

rosie
Re: Problem with New bb Forum -My Imagesrc not working
  • 2007/4/3 19:01

• rosie

• Just popping in

Anybody?

huzhenghui

Quote:

rosie wrote:
Anybody?

new bb? is the module below?
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?newbb
gmail & gtalk: huzhengh (at) gmail (dot) com

JMorris
  • 2007/4/4 12:39

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I see you said that you are using phpBB 1.4.4. Did you get this from BBpixel or is it a custom hack?

Also, you said that the preview worked, but posting does not. Can you turn on debug and get the debug messages that show up right after posting?

This is a bit of a strange one. I've never seen that E_STRICT error before, so that might be related.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

rosie
  • 2007/4/4 12:57

• rosie

• Just popping in

Thank you. Well I originally installed XOOPS using Fantastico and then the best I can remember using the XOOPS module administration system I installed the newbb (forum)
I will turn on debug and try a post and get the message and be right back.

JMorris
  • 2007/4/4 13:01

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ah, I thought you were running phpBB. NewBB is an old module that is no longer supported. Its replacement is CBB. You'll want to upgrade to CBB as it is much more stable and secure. That may fix your problem as well.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

rosie
  • 2007/4/4 14:50

• rosie

• Just popping in

O.K. I set it to debug and tried to use imagesrc to post a photo. The preview worked. But this was at the bottom:
NoticeOnly variables should be assigned by reference in file /class/xoopslists.php line 189

Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /include/xoopscodes.php line 84

Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/notification.php line 324

When I hit submit I got this:
errors 
Notice
Undefined index:  nosmiley in file /modules/newbb/post.php line 176

Notice
Undefined index:  icon in file /modules/newbb/post.php line 177

Notice
Undefined index:  attachsig in file /modules/newbb/post.php line 178

Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/notification.php line 616<tr><td 

Notice
Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/notification.php line 616</td></tr>

NoticeOnly variables should be assigned by reference in file /kernel/notification.php line 616

What could have caused this to happen and what can I do to fix it? The only thing I can think of that changed any around the time this happened was the server made some changes and did a reboot. All suggestions appreciated.

rosie
  • 2007/4/4 17:04

• rosie

• Just popping in

I'll look into this upgrade to see if I can do it but Isn't there any way I can continue to use the one I have? this one we're using now on this site says it is newbb?? this is what I'm using too.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits