xtremepr
Content without columns
  • 2007/3/13 16:30

• xtremepr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/3 0

I'm using EasyWeb to create my start up page. I want to include the headlines of my News module in the page. Using an iFrame I can insert it but it will display the whole website with columns and menus. All I want is the News Headlines...

What do I need to modify from the news/index.php or other file to do this?

I tried deleting the include line of the header & footer but then the page would not display at all.

jeffgr
Re: Content without columns
  • 2007/3/13 17:09

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

I think you can accomplish this by doing the following:

1. Install the themechanger module

2. Make a copy of your current theme, or just use another theme

3. In the theme changer module, change the settings so that your news module uses the theme you chose above.

4. Whatever theme you have chosen to use, open up the theme.html file and (if using Dreamweaver), in design view, remove the right and left columns, as well as the header and footer areas....you should just have one table, with the code for displaying the content in the middle left. You may have to test this several time to make sure it works properly.

5. Now, when you call this page in your iframe, all you will see is the module data, and not the side columns.

You could also just make these changes to the default site theme, the theme you are using for the rest of the site, but that may make it difficult for you to find all the administration links etc. By using the themechanger module, you will only be changing the theme on the news module itself.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits