AndyM
PostFusion support for CBB
  • 2007/3/7 17:35

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

I'd like to use a forum post exchange service by AdminFusion called PostFusion - unfortunately, they currently do not support XOOPS/CBB (newBB). Sadly, while it's a free service (apart from you having to post to other people's forums), the source code is closed, so I can't modify it myself.

I have had a discussion with an admin there (which you can read here) and basically, if there's enough interest, they will look into supporting the XOOPS/CBB community.

This is a service I would really like to try out, and from their own stats, they reckon they have exchanged 45,480 posts over 677 forums, so it looks like it's worth a try.

So, I ask that anyone who's interested in improving traffic to their site to visit PostFusion for more details and post in the feature request forum to show there's interest in their service from the XOOPS community.

phppp
Re: PostFusion support for CBB
  • 2007/3/7 22:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

what is it for?

AndyM
Re: PostFusion support for CBB
  • 2007/3/9 15:24

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

Basically, PostFusion itself is a forum post exchange system.

If you have a new or quiet forum that you want to try and get going, you can join PostFusion and submit your forum. You then post to other forums in the system and accrue posts - the idea is then that other forum owners post in your forum. The more you post in other forums, the more people post in yours.

However, for it to work, it needs a file to sit in your web space to keep track of the posts you have made - it's this file that has to be modded to support XOOPS and CBB.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits