cwebb02
Login Only Screen
  • 2007/2/27 1:24

• cwebb02

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/25

Hello there. So I've been trying to find module or something that makes the user only see a special login screen before they login (example of this is hdkb.luther.edu)

If you know how to do this, please let me know (I know how to make things just not visible, but I want something a little cleaner... if possible.)

Thanks!

snow77
Re: Login Only Screen
  • 2007/2/27 1:31

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

The closed site template looks like this, to close your site you can login as administrator, go into the administration panel, and in system > preferences > general settings checke to Yes this option:

Turn your site off?

Select yes to turn your site off so that only users in selected groups have access to the site.

Then you you have to select which user groups are allowed to enter while the site is "closed".
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

cwebb02
  • 2007/2/27 3:54

• cwebb02

• Just popping in

So how can i change the
"The site is currently closed for maintenance. Please come back later." quote that is up to something else?

snow77
  • 2007/2/27 4:09

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

You change this by logging in as administrator, going to system > preferences > general settings and there is a text box with this option:

Reason for turning off the site
The text that is presented when the site is closed.

You enter in the text box the text you want and save the changes.

You can also change the design of this page by opening the system_siteclosed.html template found in this directory:

modules > system > templates > system_siteclosed.html

You add your design to it, but then you don't upload it to the same place. You save it inside: yourthemefolder > modules > system > system_siteclosed.html

(you have to create the "modules" folder and "system" folder inside your theme folder)

This template overriding feature allows you to update your modules and core files without worrying of losing changes done to the templates, because the templates will remain in your theme folder, it also helps designers alot in making template sets.

If you do this you have to set to "Yes" the option (in system > preferences > general settings) :

Check templates for modifications ?
If this option is enabled, modified templates will be automatically recompiled when they are displayed. You must turn this option off on a production site.

So your changes can take effect and no cache is created. When you finish doing changes to the templates you set this option back to "No".
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

cwebb02
  • 2007/2/28 3:22

• cwebb02

• Just popping in

yeah I'm dumb... i should have looked closer

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits