vander77
Really confused with all the products out there.
  • 2007/2/20 12:19

• vander77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/20

Hi all,
I have recently purchased php myspace gold 8.0, I was wondering if anyone knows the designers of this software or if it has anything to do with xoops, as some of the files/modules are XOOPS related.
Would appreciate some help and advice on the subject.
Thanks
Paul

davidl2
Re: Really confused with all the products out there.
  • 2007/2/20 13:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

MadFish
  • 2007/2/20 13:26

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

There's good news and bad news...the bad news is that myspace gold seems to be a derivative of XOOPS that has either been rebadged or at least contains a lot of XOOPS code, and which is being sold - it would seem - in violation of the GPL. There's been a fair few unhappy customers complain about it over the last year or two. Enquiries as the the relationship of gold to XOOPS have not met nice responses.

The good news is that this site is the original XOOPS and its all free

vander77
  • 2007/2/20 16:06

• vander77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/20

Yes some company calling itself popscript.com is selling it at $150 a time I did'nt pay anything like that thank god.
But now I am at a loss as too how to get it all running smoothly etc, if you guys want I could send it over to you for further investigation, as I assume that some laws are being broken here.
The script I have also lists some crackers addresses and names if this would be helpful.
Can you please tell me which files I would need to be looking at on here to have the same kind of site, then hopefully I can download clean untamper files.
Thanks.

MadFish
  • 2007/2/21 1:36

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Head to the downloads section and grab the latest version 2.0.16. Also have a look in the documentation section for the install guide and operations manual.

Then you'll need to download some modules. Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

382 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 382

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits