jeffgr
tooltips on xoops forms
  • 2007/2/20 1:53

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

I want to add this cool DHTML script to some of my XOOPS forms, so that each form field has a little info bubble pop up beside it when you are filling it in.

The script can be found here

and the demo can be found here

I understand how to integrate this tooltip onto a form that has been made in the regular fashion... but I am stumped as to where to put the referencing code for forms that have the text fields created dynamically...where do I insert the code so that the appropriate tool tip is displayed by the appropriate text field?

Here is an example of what you are supposed to put around the text field on a regular form:

Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffgr
Re: tooltips on xoops forms
  • 2007/2/22 22:49

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Bump!

Anyone have any idea how XOOPS forms work? This is really boggling my mind... :)

JMorris
  • 2007/2/23 2:49

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Jeff,

This raises an issue that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. There is no centralized form handler per say. The basic functions are present, but module devs don't typically capitalize on them.

Essentially, for core/module forms that have templates, you can just modify the template. The problem is with modules that don't use templates to generate the forms. Those modules will have to be "hacked" to include your functionality. What files will need to be hacked will depend on what modules you are using. There is no standard model here.

In a nutshell, you're going to be getting to know your modules on the code level to apply this hack.

Wish I had better news for you.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

irmtfan
  • 2007/2/23 7:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

The problem is with modules that don't use templates to generate the forms

i just dont find some good examples for these modules.(maybe the old contact us?)

new modules have templates for each and every form.

Login

Who's Online

466 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 466

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits